What's the fate of Concord and NetworX

Any ideas on what will become of these two panels?

Reply to
Effenpig1
Loading thread data ...

Hopefully united technologies will continue them and update them it would be a shame to see them go.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Rather than trying to speculate what is or will be in the mind of some top level corporate decision maker, which will be impossible at best. Post your desire of what YOU would like to see become of the two panels. Maybe the top level corporate decision maker would like to know YOUR opinion.

My opinion would be to continue the product line without question.

Keep improving features and upgrading of software. (Innovation to keep the product alive)

Improve tech support. (never a bad thing)

Backup and support the dealers that use the product.(always very important)

Don't change the part numbers.(minimize any confusion)

Increase quality control.(always needed no matter the product)

If half of the above are done we will have a win win situation.

Who knows maybe someone at UTC may actually read this newgroup.

What's your desire for the future????

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

a more navigable web site the GE site is horrible to get info on.

Reply to
nick markowitz

At one time parts of each were supposed be merged together in a new panel, that was several years ago so who knows where it is now. I'd like to see an NX panel with the Concords ease of adding wireless.

Reply to
mleuck

I already know what I "want. I was hoping that someone on the forum might have some knowledge about what we're going to "get".

I think the tech support is pretty good, in most aspects

I would like to see a reasonably priced touchcenter keypad and wireless keypad like the new european model Networx

I think combining the best features of the two panels into one "superpanel" would be the best thing they could do.

Reply to
Effenpig1

Since the deal is barely done nobody will know that information

Who wouldn't, I'd even settle for a simple wireless voice keypad like they have for the XT

Maybe however the cost of creating a brand new panel is high and time consuming, it's far easier to stick with what they already offer.

Reply to
mleuck

I can't tell you how many times I've told them that

Reply to
mleuck

I seriously doubt UT doesn't already have a game plan coming into this purchase, somebody knows something.....

I don't pretend to know whats actually involved in designing a "new'' panel. I just thought it might be possible to incorporate some of the better feature of one panel into the other. Maybe make the Concord programming a little more flexible, or a variation of the networx with a built in wireless receiver.

Reply to
Effenpig1

agreed

I've often been frustrated searching for a product # in the product finder search bar and ended up using keywords in the site search. It seems only a precious few products can be pulled up by part#

Reply to
Effenpig1

I'm sure they do. Years ago I contacted Caddx to ask if there was any truth to the rumor that one of current panel series -- Ranger, if I recall correctly but it's been a long time and I don't always recall correctly :^) -- was going to be dropped. I was assuerd there were no plans to do so... three weeks before the line was dropped.

Anything is possible and it is common practice to incorporate popular features in the next design. I've been peripherally involved in the design of one series of fire alarm panels. It was interesting discussing design details with the engineers. I'm not an engineer but my company was contracted to write the software so I got to sit in on these "round tables" every few weeks. Lots of fun and they also paid us (better still).

Reply to
Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

It would put me in a very bad position if these lines were discontinued, I've been using GE products for my installs since 2002. I really doubt they would drop the Concord series. Even though I don't think very highly of big slam install companies, Protect America for instance, they do move an enormous amount of Concord and Simon equipment. It would seem like a mistake to chance losing that market.

Reply to
Effenpig1

I didn't mean to imply that they are going to drop the lines -- only that I wouldn't rely on anything they say any more than I would Leuck or "Doug". There's just no evidence of them being trustworthy, based on past experience.

At any rate, even if they do drop the lines, it's not the end of the world. If it means you can't continue to support a given site, then next time that site needs a replacement part you have to replace their system. That is the one inescapable problem with wireless systems. However, if it happens that doesn't put you in any worse position than your competition. Just make sure you notify every client whose system is becoming obsolete as soon as you're sure. By so doing you maintain the client's trust and will most likely keep the account even if he has to replace the whole thing.

Some customers will leave even if they know the problem isn't your fault. The other side of that coin is that those are the customers who would leave over any problem. You may be better off without that particular slice of the pie. C'est la vie.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

so everybody treats you like that, eh? that is good to know.

Reply to
Kid

They treat everyone like that. You consider it a good thing that manufacturers lie. That says an awful lot about what an awful person you are. How sad.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Oh great, here we go again.

There is such a vast amount of knowledge here among some of the "core" members of this group. It's a shame every thread invariably degenerates into name calling.

Yes, I realize there are other security "forums", but I haven't yet found another one that has such a solid core of industry pros. Oh, well

Reply to
Effenpig1

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

I could see them dropping the Concord and continuing with the NX series, I like the Concord but those Caddx panels are far more popular

Reply to
mleuck

Stick around, he won't be here much longer

Reply to
mleuck

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

I always thought that, while the Networx is more robust, a "true" security panel if you will, the Concord/Simon series was a higher volume product. This isn't the case?

Reply to
Effenpig1

s any truth to

n of one series

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

the Simon IS by far a higher volume product than the Concord or NX however the NX panel outsells the Concord by a large margin. The Concord is a good panel, not as many programmable options as the NX but just fine for most installations. Only bad thing about the NX panels is the wireless appears to be more of a hack than a true addon, I like the RF receiver/keypad tho

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.