Robert L Bass - NOW 21 BBB COMPLAINTS STRONG

Another professional post...making all the rest of us who install and act professionally look stellar.

Reply to
John J
Loading thread data ...

Mike has been at this since he was in 8th grade, which somehow ennobles his points...basically he make the rest of us in the trade look bad, but really doesn't give a rip.

Don't judge all of us by him

Reply to
John J

thank you for proving my point.

Reply to
John Doe

Hmmm... What kind of sales do you figure Norco Alarms does?

formatting link
Or Worthington Distribution?
formatting link

"Annoying 21 customers" in three years is cause for genuine concern in my book. The large number of unresolved complaints is cause for even more.

Reply to
Frank Olson

managed to annoy 21

formatting link

formatting link

book. The large

And let's not forget that means 21 customers who have actually taken the time to complain to the BBB....how many more simply didn't even bother or simply moved on having perhaps given up in disgust?

In my book 21 BBB complaints is a *very* high percentage and certainly should be a cause for concern to potential customers.

Reply to
coord

I was wondering about the poster that thought 21 complaints was no big deal. When you consider all RLB does is drop ship some item from the distributor, it makes you wonder what the complaints are. Could he really screw up a drop ship? If he did, a correction would be the simplest thing to correct. Not shipping, even though he charged the credit card, over charging, double charging, not refunding, etc. could be about it. Is it the 21 complaints the public should be wary about or is it giving your credit card number to this guy. Knowing what we all know here, the later should be the concern.

Reply to
Bob Worthy
21 complaints is a *very* high percentage? Percentage of what? A fixed number is not a percentage! I'm not defending the man but statements such as this are simply nonsense when you don't state what the percentage is which you haven't because you have no contextual references. Do 21 complaints represent 5% or even 1% of his business (very high in my book too) or .005% or .001% of his business? What is the annualized rate? Are the 21 complaints over 12 months or 12 years? Remember, liars figure and figures lie. The BBB offers little contextual reference from which one can make an educated evaluation. They tend to do a better job for BBB Members though.
Reply to
BruceR

If you read RLB's report it states that 10 of the complaints were filed within the last year (12 months). I don't imagine for one minute that RLB's "online venture" anywhere near approaches Norco's, Worthington's, or William B Allen's in terms of sales, but take a look at their BBB records (of the ones I've listed, Norco is the only one that's an actual BBB member). I agree that figures can lie, and I also agree that a good deal more investigation is warranted *before* you purchase from a vendor with such a record. A call to the local BBB would be a start.

Better yet, find yourself a friendly local Dealer and buy the parts you need from him (if you're bent on the DIY route). Running an online business must be tough at the best of times. I'm sure some of the complaints Robert's received have been from people that have tried to return product they may have inadvertently (or deliberately) damaged themselves. Running an online store is laced with such pitfalls.

What I'm pointing out here though, is that Robert seems to "crow" about the fact that it's "only" 21 complaints in 3 years which is a plain abysmal record.

Reply to
Frank Olson

It's three years and most of the complaints were bogus, including several which obviously came from Cracker and the MM.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Oh?? If they "so obviously" originated with the two individuals you mention, post the complaints.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I've never made a complaint to the BBB about you, or anyone. Quit lying you FAT FUCK.

Reply to
G. Morgan

number is not a

nonsense when you

high in my book

21 complaints

which obviously came

Really? Post some detail then...how "obvious" is "obvious"?

But of course...I know you won't respond to this....

Reply to
coord

which obviously came

coord wrote:

That, of course, is "obvious".

Reply to
Frank Olson

obviously

Reply to
Joe

Is it because he is "oblivious"?

Reply to
Bob Worthy

THEY TELL YOU **EXACTLY** WHO THEY COME FROM...

Reply to
Group-Moderator

HE CAN'T POST SOME THING THAT NEVER HAPPENED

Reply to
Group-Moderator

So, how about it Robert?? If the complaints so "obviously came from Cracker and the MM", how about posting them? I, for one, am "obviously" curious.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Post the details Robert. Prove this isn't just another lie to denigrate a competitor.

Reply to
Frank Olson

"Obsolescent". :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.