Robert Bass

There's a reason why he hasn't posted responses in this newsgroup (and others in which he participates in) in the last couple of days. It's my understanding that he is (or has) undergone surgery for the removal of the cancer which has re-manifested itself. I hope and pray for his speedy recovery from the surgery. I also hope he comes out of it with better, more encouraging news. There are a lot of individuals he's harmed and maligned by his words and actions (myself amongst them). My greatest hope is that we can rise above all this, set our differences aside and collectively wish him well. God keep you, Robert. God speed your recovery.

Regards, Frank Olson

Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

I have tried to imagine what it would be like if the "shoe were on the other foot". If that were me facing the grim prognosis, I would like to think that my adversaries would be able to put aside the bad blood. Since we are talking about the possibility of someone actually dying, I think any petty ongoing arguments or even past transgressions should be looked at by the individual and expunged if possible.

When asking myself those same questions, the answer came back "of course". Nothing Robert said or did to me was so bad that it can't be forgiven. In fact, I forgave him a little over a year ago when I had my own set of obstacles to overcome. Since then, I've taken a few "swipes" at him when my name was dragged up in the NG..... but those were just stock replies in response to the name-calling. Besides, there are two sides to every coin and I wasn't always an innocent victim. I definitely did my share of poking the proverbial stick at him over the years.

So Robert, please forgive me for the part I played in the nonsense over the years. It all seems so silly and insignificant now. I already forgave you for any (real or imagined) harm you may have caused me. I hope you do recover from this awful disease. I also hope you are at peace with yourself and God should the day come when you're called home. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Stay tough.

-Graham

Reply to
G. Morgan

Thanks Graham,

Anything wrong you said or did I forgive. Likewise, I apologize for being rude and cruel to you. It all does seem pretty insignificant at this point. Thanks for the good thoughts, Graham.

As to my absence these past few days, yes, I was in the hospital. They did something called pleurodesis which helps me breath better. They can't remove the tumors and it doesn't cure. There are lots of tumors in the chest wall -- inoperable. Radiation doesn't do anything. Chemo slows them down a bit. Tarceva, a new, experimental drug can be combined with chemo to give me about

3-4 months. That's all.

God, however, isn't finished and we're praying for a miracle. My brother, Michael, had stage IV lung cancer nearly 11 years ago. The doctors told him to get his affairs in order as he had only a few months to live -- same as me. Mike visited me in the hospital yesterday. He's been cancer free for nearly

10 years now.
Reply to
Robert L Bass

foot".

Someday you w>

Reply to
Just Looking

Heh, heh, heh... :^)

Here's what someone said to me a long time ago:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did -- not screaming in terror like the other people in the car he was driving."

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Do you think that would enhance the newsgroup?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

do you think you enhanced any newsgroup in your lifetime?

Reply to
Petem

If by that you mean have I posted useful information, yes. I try to post helpful stuff whenever I can. How about you? Do you feel that most of what you have to say is helpful? No insult here, btw.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

when i could answer a question that was not allready answered, i think i did help...

I didnt post answer just to proove i've known it and at the same promoting my web site... even if there was allready valid answer..

but if you ask about what i posted to you, i didtry to help you solve your pop up problem once, and you rejected the help, for the rest... you just manage to have what you deserved...

Reply to
Petem

So you figure on the balance your posts are more helpful than not?

From the tenor of the above I assume you mean to imply that this sets us apart. To be sure you'd have to be a mind reader. Do you claim that skill?

Given the history at the time I wasn't inclined to give much credit to your opinions about my website. Besides, I didn't see a popup problem and when I asked my sysadmin to check they said the site was clean. It just seemed like one more bogus "complaint" at the time -- not an attempt to help. If I misjudged your intent I apologize for that.

Are you saying that because I post stuff you don't like I deserve to die of cancer? If you truly believe that I'm sorry for you. I understand you lost a loved one to this disease. Do you think that person would have wished the same on anyone else? I'm not trying to attack you, Pete. I just find it amazing that anyone could actually believe the things you've posted. Maybe it's just the perceived anonymity of Usenet speaking and not the real you. For your sake I hope so.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

He actually explained himself pretty good earlier. I'm not sure which thread it was, but he was "railing" against the thought of you actually defeating this disease and surviving, while his mother (whom never hurt a soul, or spoke ill of anyone) didn't.

Personally, I forgive you for *everything*, Robert. Unconditionally. Keep up the fight. In an earlier post you said that you were thinking of just dropping everything and going away with the one you love. You actually likened it to "quitting". I don't see it that way. God forbid, if I was ever in your shoes, *that's* exactly what I'd do. One last fling (or hurrah) before the big good-bye.

Take care... God Bless you and yours.

Reply to
Frank Olson

You assume my brain worked prior to the treatment? Heh, heh, heh... :^)

There's no point in continuing this, Pete. I wish you well. Bye.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Ooooops...

Or was this intentional?

Newsgroups: alt.security.alarms,comp.home.automation

Reply to
G. Morgan

Well, let me take a guess by saying that it certainly wouldn't be a very long post.

In fact, I'd be willing to make a bet that there wouldn't be such a post.

Let's see now. His only claim to fame that he constantly makes, is that he answers questions that people come here to ask. But .......... I really think that any little bit of altruism that might be indicated in that, is kind of negated by the fact that he constantly advertises his web site and he's always promoting his business. He does have an ulterior motive so that throws the altruism out the window. I don't see that kind of conduct being practiced by anyone else but him. So, if you say that those two things balance out and consider all the chaos that has been caused by his conduct and arrogance, then everything else that can be said about him is a negative.

So ...... Nope. Can't think of one positive thing.

Well, except for the fact that he's not going to be around too much longer to be the cause of discord. But that has nothing to do with having a good side or a bad side. It's just that it will be good for the possible future of ASA. Time will tell.

Reply to
Jim

you are right, it would be a very short post like:

bAss you are an Ass!

or something close ;-)

Reply to
Petem

Ewww-yuck.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.