Newbie question report code info

Hmm I'm confused, I'm reading a vista 10se manual and am tring to understand a few things involved . Reading page 20 . I'm given the example of {1}{2} for "C". It states refer to System Communication section for complete info. Now mind you I probably am just not comprehending the manual so bear with me please. Page 64 System Communication- ok I'm having trouble understanding these pages - I have a full grasp of the 3 beggining paragraphs and can decipher most of the tables but I'm not seeing an area that states 12=C are they referring to page 68 the box "To program system status and restore report codes "and if o that seems to be an example for 3+1 or 4+1 standard format correct? well if thats the case and I'm not totally confused if i were to use Contact ID ---no i must be wrong on the how to input the report code page in the manual it says nothing concerning using # and 12 as it does on page 68 .. I could use some help where did they get the 12=C wheres that table.. thanks signed a little confused. Thanks any help would be much appreciated.

Reply to
US.Homes.Security
Loading thread data ...

Okay, you decided to have some Christams fun early? If you want to pull my leg I'll play along. So you don't understand decimal versus HEX values? null,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,11,12,13,14,15 null,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F If you use contact ID it doesn't matter what you put in. It just needs an input to tell it to send the associated code. Hmm I'm confused. You don't seem to know the phone number for Honeywell trainer assigned to your region.

Reply to
Roland Moore

I am very new to the alarms - I am familiar with the hex / dec system but just wasnt seeing the big picture i figured it would have been spelled out more in the manual so I am very grateful for the information. question If using the manuals ie. report code of 03C 03=Perimeter what would the C signify? I'm a junior installer and dont do any installing for lack of knowledge.

Reply to
US.Homes.Security

programming I wanted to say :)

Reply to
US.Homes.Security

programming I wanted to say :)

Reply to
US.Homes.Security

To enter the expert zone programming mode press " * " + 58, screen displays:

ZN ZT - RC IN : RT(L)

01 09 - 10 HW : 1

ZN = the zone number, ZT = Zone Response Type, RC = Report code, IN =

Input type, RT = Response time, & L = Loop number. To move around in this

field press " * " to move to the ZT press the "A" key moves to the right, the "B"

key moves to the left, Press " * " to enroll the serial number for wireless zones &

change the loop number or "C" to copy the previous zones serial number. Make

changes as needed.

Reply to
Roland Moore

press the "A" are you referring to a b c d the 4 unlisted keys on the alpha keypad?

Reply to
US.Homes.Security

You're just gonna confuse yourself with old world stuff that no one uses anymore...just switch to CID and enter 1 in first digit of every zone report box.

With 3-1 4-1 4-2 you may have to define for your CS reciever, or create a translation table kinda thing...tooo much work.

| I am very new to the alarms - I am familiar with the hex / dec system | but just wasnt seeing the big picture i figured it would have been | spelled out more in the manual so I am very grateful for the | information. | question If using the manuals ie. report code of 03C 03=Perimeter | what would the C signify? I'm a junior installer and dont do any | installing for lack of knowledge. |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Thanks a bunch I definetely understand that i was confusing the older report codes from the contact id ones Thanks again

Reply to
US.Homes.Security

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.