Help help --- Ness Security Guard 111

If you refer to your last post you'll see some answers.

Most installers in Australia dont support or fit this product as they are not the most intelligent of systems. Ness security products will be able to help you (not until Monday though)

Paul

Reply to
Paul
Loading thread data ...

Also try posting on alt.securityalarms.australia. Its a fairly new newsgroup, but you could get more Aussie installers on it with some better answers for this product.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Hi all

can someone please help and guide me on how to reprogram new numbers into the Ness Security Guard 111 (now FAI SecuirtyGuard 111).

The manual says that I can program up to 2 phone munbers into the unit via a "radio Diler Local Programming" method. For this I need a "Programmed Radio Key".

WHat is a "Programmed Radio Key" and where can I get one. OR how else can I reprogram the telephone numbers from scratch.

Help help

thanks

Sam

Reply to
Anthony

Sam,

I am taking a guess as I have worked with other wireless Ness products. If you have a wireless remote. Turn off power to the unit and then turn it on (possibly with a key). Just after turning it on press any key on the wireless remote. You should now be in the programming mode. Press the remote button until you get to the phone number programming step and go into that step to change it.

Hope this helps.

BobbyD

Anth>Hi all

Reply to
bdolph

You won't be able to, after one month the dialer locks the phone numbers, only way to change it after that is by downloading

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Thanks Paul

much appreciated.

Reply to
Anthony

If it's like other alarm panels, you'd need the software...or someone that has the software. Dunno though..if that panel locks the dialer number after 30 days I'd guess the panel is locked from downloaded by a strange alarm company as well.

| > > can someone please help and guide me on how to reprogram new numbers | into | > > the Ness Security Guard 111 (now FAI SecuirtyGuard 111). | > >

| > > The manual says that I can program up to 2 phone munbers into the unit | via | > a | > > "radio Diler Local Programming" method. For this I need a "Programmed | > Radio | > > Key". | > >

| > > WHat is a "Programmed Radio Key" and where can I get one. OR how else | can | > I | > > reprogram the telephone numbers from scratch. | > >

| > > Help help | > >

| > > thanks | > >

| > > Sam | >

| > You won't be able to, after one month the dialer locks the phone numbers, | > only way to change it after that is by downloading | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Hi Paul

unable to locate a "alt.securityalarms.australia".

Sam

"Programmed

Reply to
Anthony

Thanks Bobby

In general what you have advised is correct, however with this FAI (ie Ness system), within 30 days of purchasing a unit scrolling through the programming modes does give you the Phone number option.

However after 30 days of being programmed (even if it is no longer used)... the programm mode for the Phone number disappears. Neet trick from the monitoring systems perspective, because their number is permenantly logged into my system.

What I am trying to work out is how to over ride it. I believe there is something called a "Programmed Radio Key" I'm not sure what this is or how to obtain one so that I can program my number into the unit.

Any further guidance will really be apprecited.

Sam

Reply to
Anthony

Hey, while I got ya on the line...got a client moving (Vista XXp) I want to turn off monitoring before she moves out via Compass...just remove the receiver phone #??.

Whats the 'shutdown' choice in Compass, does that just remove the reciever phone?

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

With a modem and software

Reply to
Mark Leuck
30 days I'd guess the panel is locked from downloaded by a strange alarm company as well.

I've downloaded one and now don't remember if I was able to change the phone number or not.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yup

Whats the 'shutdown' choice in Compass, does that just remove the reciever phone?

If you shutdown the dialer it won't dial out, if you shut down the system it will be useless and show d1 on the screen

Reply to
Mark Leuck

So, essentially 'dialer shutdown'= removing the dialer number?

Or does it actually leave the number in the field entry and just shutdown the dialer so that you can just go back in and turn it back on without having to remember which receiver line you have it on?

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Thanks Mark

how can I go about Downloading?

Sam

Reply to
Anthony

poy-fect...thanks

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

It leave the number in but turns off the dialer.

Or does it actually leave the number in the field entry and just shutdown the dialer so that you can just go back in and turn it back on without having to remember which receiver line you have it on?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.