EMERGENCY HELP

Hi I need some emergency help from the security experts here. This is the first time I am setting up security at my home. I need help to set up a foolproof security which cant be penetrated or broken illegally even by the most intelligent security experts with lot of power.

This is what I am want at my home.

A security alarm probably from one of the leading vendors like ADT or protection one so when somebody opens my home without the security code it will immediately alert the vendors.

Secondly even if somebody somehow manages to get my security code and enters my apartment I want to get it recorded on a video tape with a video camera installed pointing to the front door entrance from inside since I will not be allowed to put a video camera outside by the apartment complex management.

Thirdly I want to set up the video recording inside my home in such a way that the persons who somehow disables the alarm system and enters my apartment will not be able to destroy the video tape which recorded them entering my home.

Fourthly I want to set up the video cameras inside my apartment such that the rooms can be viewed on the internet and most importantly to somehow be able to record it via the internet somewhere else if somebody enters my home and the motion sensors get activated.

Based on these requirements what is the best set up and most economical. I am willing to hire a local security expert if need be, based on your recommendations.

A million thanks in advance to anybody here who is considerate in helping me with this seccurity setup. Please respond asap and email me also if you can.

Reply to
harry
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Everywhere Man

It would be cheaper to move to a safer neighborhood... :)

Seriously, you are asking alot. $12K should be about right for a setup that meets all your requirements.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

$4000.00 & 65.00 per month for 3 years, includes radio backup, dvr, internet access.

Call me asap (at home if you want) and we'll get you scheduled for installation.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

$99 Down, plus $32 a month....... ha ha ha

Reply to
Russell Brill

I guess I low-balled it...I'll race you to zero :-)

| > This is what I am want at my home. | >

| > A security alarm probably from one of the leading vendors like ADT or | > protection one so when somebody opens my home without the security code | > it will immediately alert the vendors. | >

| > Secondly even if somebody somehow manages to get my security code and | > enters my apartment I want to get it recorded on a video tape with a | > video camera installed pointing to the front door entrance from inside | > since I will not be allowed to put a video camera outside by the | > apartment complex management. | >

| > Thirdly I want to set up the video recording inside my home in such a | > way that the persons who somehow disables the alarm system and enters | > my apartment will not be able to destroy the video tape which recorded | > them entering my home. | >

| > Fourthly I want to set up the video cameras inside my apartment such | > that the rooms can be viewed on the internet and most importantly to | > somehow be able to record it via the internet somewhere else if | > somebody enters my home and the motion sensors get activated. | >

| > Based on these requirements what is the best set up and most | > economical. I am willing to hire a local security expert if need be, | > based on your recommendations. | >

| > A million thanks in advance to anybody here who is considerate in | > helping me with this seccurity setup. Please respond asap and email me | > also if you can. | >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I can't believe you guys are having fun at my expense. I sincerely asked you for help in setting up security and all I got here was scorn and ridicule.

Isnt there atleast one security expert here who can guide me how to set up the video cameras and security myself if need be.

This is the first time I am setting up security and hence need some help.

TIA

Russell Brill wrote:

Reply to
harry

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Hate to rain on your parade harry, but you're looking at $2k plus for even a marginal quality do-it-yourself setup that does everything you want to do. To do it right would probably be in the $4-6k range. Of course, if you had that kind of cash, you might not be living in an apartment, no?

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Your expense? haha, that's rich. You came here for free advice.

*** Posted via a free Usenet account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

Reply to
Tommy

Hey, don't feel picked-upon, we have fun at everyone's expense - but what expense? It doesn't cost anything for free advice here.

We get these kind of request EVERYDAY in real life...people call in for "ballpark prices" and want 10 cameras and DVR installed - when we ask what kind of budget they quote Costco pricing (400 bucks) and have a heart attack when we tell them they are in the neighborhood of 8-10K...keeps me laughing at least - but a waste of time.

So...what IS your budget?

| > > Seriously, you are asking alot. $12K should be about right for a setup | > > that meets all your requirements. | > >

| > > Jim Rojas | > >

| > >

| > >

| > >> This is what I am want at my home. | > >>

| > >> A security alarm probably from one of the leading vendors like ADT or | > >> protection one so when somebody opens my home without the security code | > >> it will immediately alert the vendors. | > >>

| > >> Secondly even if somebody somehow manages to get my security code and | > >> enters my apartment I want to get it recorded on a video tape with a | > >> video camera installed pointing to the front door entrance from inside | > >> since I will not be allowed to put a video camera outside by the | > >> apartment complex management. | > >>

| > >> Thirdly I want to set up the video recording inside my home in such a | > >> way that the persons who somehow disables the alarm system and enters | > >> my apartment will not be able to destroy the video tape which recorded | > >> them entering my home. | > >>

| > >> Fourthly I want to set up the video cameras inside my apartment such | > >> that the rooms can be viewed on the internet and most importantly to | > >> somehow be able to record it via the internet somewhere else if | > >> somebody enters my home and the motion sensors get activated. | > >>

| > >> Based on these requirements what is the best set up and most | > >> economical. I am willing to hire a local security expert if need be, | > >> based on your recommendations. | > >>

| > >> A million thanks in advance to anybody here who is considerate in | > >> helping me with this seccurity setup. Please respond asap and email me | > >> also if you can. | > >>

| > >

| > >

|
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hey... I've seen some really nice apartments. One guy owns the entire top floor in a building overlooking Stanley Park and English Bay. 5500 square feet. The elevator lobby is to die for (French wallpaper, wainscotting), not to mention the 360 degree panoramic view. He's done up the roof as well. Garden and a hot-tub that looks to be able to seat

20 (it's *big*). He's spent around $100K on security, cctv, and fire protection (including a reader/keypad in the elevator to access his floor level that's independent of the building's security). He also owns the lower level of the parkade for his collection of vintage and hot Italian cars. That level is also protected by a foam extinguishment system (the normal sprinklers have been bypassed). And just in case one of the heads in the upper level parkade goes off, he's had a high capacity sump pump installed. All of this is of course monitored 24/7 on DVAC.
Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Everywhere Man

No problem. Its a small 1bed room apartment. My budget is a little bit flexible depending on fool proof security I get. Assume I am a complete novice in security systems and surviellance cameras.

I will hire one of the leading security companies like ADT etc to install door and window alarm systems. Please guide me with the rest of the cameras, internet watching and recording it somewhere other than my apartment since somebody can illegally get into my apt (assume they can disable the alarm or somehow manage to steal my alarm code) and steal the recording devices thereby eliminating evidence.

Please guide me.

Everywhere Man wrote:

Reply to
charrisons3

Free advice is one of the purposes of these usenet groups frequented by experts on that forum topic who enjoy their trade and helping people like me. I frequent some other usenet groups and give free advice to beginners in my area of expertize.

Reply to
charrisons3

There are plenty of people here who I'm sure would be glad to give you advice, harry, but as others have noted, you really need to understand what kind of price you're looking at and then decide if you really want to go ahead with it before we invest all that time and effort.

Thing is, you sound like you want a pretty serious setup, and some pretty good quality... and that doesn't come cheap. You can easily drop $300+ *per camera* just for a "entry-pro-level" 1/3" CCD camera and a basic 3.5-8mm vari-focal lens... and prices go up from there. A PC-based DVR with remote internet access will start around $2500 (I'm talking in Canadian dollars mind you) and ramp up sharply from there; something with remote recording, you could look at a Capture or Vigil system for closer to $5k.

Or you could consider all IP cameras, and tack another $100 on for each one, but then each one is remote-addressable. Or go really high-end with some nice PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) cameras for a couple grand a pop.

As many others have noted, the discussion can't really go anywhere without knowing what kind of budget range you're looking at... or even IF you still want to do it given this information.

Reply to
Soundy

No problem Tommy, I understand. I am new to security but not new to usenet forums. Can you give me some suggestions how I can set up the cameras that meet my requirements in my original post.

Reply to
charrisons3

I dont have that kind of cash but will use credit cards if I have to since the security set up I mentioned in my original post is an absolute necessity for some reason I cannot disclose here. Please guide me if you can.

Reply to
charrisons3

I get them all the time. At first you (me) get excited about a possible big emergency job...but then the conversation goes south

| > We get these kind of request EVERYDAY in real life...people call in for | > "ballpark prices" and want 10 cameras and DVR installed - when we ask what | > kind of budget they quote Costco pricing (400 bucks) and have a heart attack | > when we tell them they are in the neighborhood of 8-10K...keeps me laughing | > at least - but a waste of time. | >

| > So...what IS your budget? | >

| >

| >

| > | > > Seriously, you are asking alot. $12K should be about right for a setup | > | > > that meets all your requirements. | > | > >

| > | > > Jim Rojas | > | > >

| > | > >

| > | > >

| > | > >> This is what I am want at my home. | > | > >>

| > | > >> A security alarm probably from one of the leading vendors like ADT or | > | > >> protection one so when somebody opens my home without the security | > code | > | > >> it will immediately alert the vendors. | > | > >>

| > | > >> Secondly even if somebody somehow manages to get my security code and | > | > >> enters my apartment I want to get it recorded on a video tape with a | > | > >> video camera installed pointing to the front door entrance from | > inside | > | > >> since I will not be allowed to put a video camera outside by the | > | > >> apartment complex management. | > | > >>

| > | > >> Thirdly I want to set up the video recording inside my home in such a | > | > >> way that the persons who somehow disables the alarm system and | > enters | > | > >> my apartment will not be able to destroy the video tape which | > recorded | > | > >> them entering my home. | > | > >>

| > | > >> Fourthly I want to set up the video cameras inside my apartment such | > | > >> that the rooms can be viewed on the internet and most importantly to | > | > >> somehow be able to record it via the internet somewhere else if | > | > >> somebody enters my home and the motion sensors get activated. | > | > >>

| > | > >> Based on these requirements what is the best set up and most | > | > >> economical. I am willing to hire a local security expert if need be, | > | > >> based on your recommendations. | > | > >>

| > | > >> A million thanks in advance to anybody here who is considerate in | > | > >> helping me with this seccurity setup. Please respond asap and email | > me | > | > >> also if you can. | > | > >>

| > | > >

| > | > >

| > | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.