DSC 832

Hi, I have just finished wiring DSC 832 basis system together. There is only one PIR sensor. I am having trouble activating the system.. i.e., arming it. I think that my wiring installation is correct.. I am unable to get the system to be in the ready state to arm the system. I did the supervision part of the programming ... showing 8 on the LCD. This is the location of the Keypad. I don't know if it is sensing the PIR sensor. Any help would be great.

Reply to
gipdc
Loading thread data ...

What zone type did you program the motion for? What is on zone 8? If zone 8 is empty, close the zone at the panel. If zone 8 is the motion, then you have the incorrect zone type programmed. It should be type 5

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

should be type 5

Also, did you use an EOL resistor and if so, how did you wire it into the sensing circuit (zone)?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

ed. It should be type 5

sensing circuit (zone)?

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Reply to
gipdc

How old is this 832 unit? The DSC Power 832 is also known as a PC5010. Can you tell if it is a PC5010 Version 1 or Version 2? Do you have the original installation instructions? What manuals do you have?

----- Original Message ----- From: "gipdc" Newsgroups: alt.security.alarms Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 9:31 PM Subject: Re: DSC 832

I have not used any of the resistor supplied. I d> > What zone type did you program the motion for?

Reply to
Roland Moore

If your other zones are working, chances are the resistor option has been turned off. Go to the panel, and take a look at the zone 8 input terminals. It is marked Z8 & C. If there is no wire on Z8, place a jumper across Z8 & C. That should clear the zone.

If all else fails, give me a call anytime, and I will help you in better detail. I am available on weekends as well.

Jim Rojas (813) 884-6335

Robert L Bass wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

run away.

Robert L Bass wrote:

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
alarman

Please refer to the schematic diagram of the circuit board in the installation manual. You'll notice that in each sensing loop (zone) there is an EOL resistor shownb in series with the circuit. The easiest place to place the resistor in a motion sensor zone is inside the sensor. Leave the + and - 12BDC wires as they are. Remove one of the wires from the alarm relay output of the sensor. Solder the wire to one end of the resistor. Attach the other end of the resistor to the screw terminal from which you removed the wire.

In the control panel attach the remaining resistors across the screw terminals of remaining (unused) zones.

If you need help programming the system, give me a call. I'll explain the procedure. It's not difficult but you need to follow the programming instructions in the manual.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

1. Write down how you've wired each zone of your panel. You should list the zone number and the device it's attached to:

For example:

Zone 1 Entry door Zone 2 PIR Zone 3 Kitchen door .... Zone 8 ???

1. Enter installer programming by pressing * then 8 then the installer code.

1. Enter 0, 0, 1 and program each zone using the suggested response type in the programming manual.

01 - Entry delay door 04 - Motion sensor 03 - Perimeter zone (window contacts, glass breaks, etc.) 00 - for any unused zone.

Press #, then # again. If you've decided to use End of line resistors and haven't changed the parameters from the default, your keypad should read "ready". If you aren't using the supplied end of lines, then you're going to have to change the zones from "supervised" to "normally closed loops".

Read the manual!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

manual. You'll notice that in each sensing loop

easiest place to place the resistor in a motion sensor zone

of the wires from the alarm relay output of the

the resistor to the screw terminal from which you

of remaining (unused) zones.

procedure. It's not difficult but you need to follow the

If this were a commercial installation or high end residential, my advice would be to use end of lines inside powered devices like motions and glass breaks, have each protection loop annunciate as a separate zone, and use contacts with built-in EOL's. For an "easy" DIY install though, you do not need to use the end of line resisitors (with the exception of any zone programmed as "fire" or "fire supervisory"). Any unused zones on the common control board can be "nulled" by entering "0,0" in the appropriate programming field. Confusing the issue by forcing the DIY to install EOL's will only wind up frustrating him (with the end result of some poor "professional" being called in to try and figure out what he's done).

Lay off, Bass. You know dick about DSC (GE, Ademco, Paradox, etc.)

Reply to
Frank Olson

The guy called me last night. I was able to get his system up and running in a few minutes.

He was only using one zone. The EOL function was enabled. He had the rest of the zones open.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Thank you so much for all your advise. Its up and running and doing just what I want to.

Jim Rojas wrote:

Reply to
gipdc

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.