Bought Norstar M7310 phone off eBay, can I "clone" it?

I thought I'd save some money and buy a few used M7310 Norstar phones since we added a few new employees. I've added a proper extension to the phone, but the buttons are programmed for an environment unlike mine. For example, the outside lines ring on the phone and I prefer that the Auto Attendant answers. Also, our phones also you to hit "Intercom" then "9" to get out to make calls. I can only make calls with this eBay phone by hitting an external line.

The easiest solution would be if I could "clone" another extension's setup to this phone. Is that possible? If not, how can I set this up like the rest?

Reply to
Fistgrrl
Loading thread data ...

Coping a set is done from the configuation menu. If you're not sure how to get to the configuration menu ask your telecom vender. (not all venders use the same password to enter config menu) Once in the config menu you will have to navigate thru the heading choices untill you come to an option for ether Copy (older software) or Terminals and Sets (newer software)

With the former: (older software) At copy press Show and enter the set # to copy from. Copy system data to single set and enter the set number to copy to. thats about it.

On the later: (newer software)

from the terminals and sets heading press the Show button enter a set # and press show again. At this point a Softkey function of Copy shows up in the display window. Press the copy softkey and proceed as above.

Hint: use the Configuration Template inthe back of your system manuals so that you will know which keys 4 are Show, Next, Back and Heading.

Reply to
XBarNone

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.