SnapGear SG-560 IPsec configuration

Hello everybody,

We have two locations connected though the Internet. At the both ends we have SecureComputing SG-560 firewall appliances. For the connection between the sites we defined an IPsec VPN tunnel. The problemconsists in that that we had to install an additional Exchange server in the remote location, and this server doesn't have SMTP communication with the Master server. I have tried to telnet the SMTP server from the inside of the remote LAN and it works. Trying to telnet it from the main office, it doesn't work. This gives me the idea of a misconfiguration of the firewall. Can anyone advise me how can we open the 25 port to be forwarded through the IPsec tunnel?

Thank you very much.

Reply to
Van Scarlat
Loading thread data ...

i don't know this product, but for starters:

check if the tunnel is even "up", do both networks see each other?

if no - check logs on both sites, you will see vpn/IPsec errors if yes - do traceroutes, is routing correct ? is the server configured to accept connections from that subnet in the first place ? does it have the right default gateway ?

M
Reply to
mak

Do the check from mak's mail.

The Snapgear / Cyberguard IPSEC VPN don't block any ports in the default configuration. The two LANs have friendly configuration.

A.

Van Scarlat wrote:

Reply to
Andreas Czerniak

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.