ipsec

Hi,

This is probably a really easy question, that dates me a little.

Is there an working implementation of ipsec over IPv6? Some stack or library that I can link into my application and send data to? For example so instead of sending data via Berkley sockets etc, or maybe the stack handles it for me?

thanks in advance

Reply to
brenda
Loading thread data ...

The Linux stack is ready for it. And I think, it will not be the only one.

You can use the Berkeley socket API to do so.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

You really don't understand that IPsec is a portage of IPv6's native security features to IPv4?

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

"IPSec was initially developed with IPv6 in mind, but has been engineered to provide security for both IPv4 and IPv6 networks, and operation in both versions is similar. There are some differences in the datagram formats used for AH and ESP depending on whether IPSec is used in IPv4 and IPv6, since the two versions have different datagram formats and addressing. I highlight these differences where appropriate"

formatting link
Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 2003 are all able to run IPSEC and IPv6 natively. Windows Vista by default runs both IPv4 and IPv6.
formatting link
Wayne McGlinn Brisbane, Oz

Reply to
Wayne

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.