Not sure how to remove thse trojans.

Last night I has suspicions about getting hit with a rat, or somr other trojans, and i did a trojanhunter scan and a rat came up, alond with generic.rardrop.b and kaspersky detected some trojan that i can;t find any info on. it was a Backdoor.Win32.VB.aoi

Reply to
t411fry
Loading thread data ...
[Subject: Not sure how to remove these trojans] [(spelling corrected)]

There's only exactly one reasonable way (flattening and rebuilding the system), and you're still not sure which one to choose?

Isn't the classification Backdoor.* obvious enough? It's an universal trojan horse.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

formatting link
cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

That is one place I do agreee with some people here. However, one guy in one ot the broadcasting groups, who removes malware for a liiving will insist you can remove it without re-installing the system, but I will get into arguments with him to the contrary. The only foolpoof way to get rid of malware is to wipe out and reinstall Windows.

Reply to
Chilly8
18 December 2007 13:52 Chilly8 broadcast thus:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Always a good opportunity to change OSs - *BSD, Linux, Solaris, jeez.. Z/OS if u want...:) anything but Windows if at all possible. There are *so* many ways of getting Win apps to run on *nix and that requirements' disapperating these days because of quality opensource alternatives. And you have a far superior, more secure networking setup, and people on security ng's don't make fun of your box ;-)

I know malware, worms, viruses exist on every platform, but it's not like

100s of threads on Usenet are discussing reinstalling *nix boxes because of some shady little spyware.

Cheers....j

Reply to
Jamin Davis

Unless you are able to find out exactly how and when your system was compromised and what was altered after the compromisation, the only reliable way of going back to a known-good state is reinstalling. This is entirely independent of the operating system.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

I agree, and much prefer Linux to Windows. The problem is that I use Photoshop with colour management. Whilst Gimp is a fine tool, it's nowhere near PS yet, and AFIK it hasn't got colour management (or even color management ;^) )

Jim Ford

Reply to
Jim Ford

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.