Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Can somebody recomed a software firewall with a specific feature....
Better filter at the network border. Yours, VB.

Why does svchost.exe 'dial out' and where's it going?
Why does svchost.exe 'dial out' and where's it going? Someone who knows little about computers installed a personal firewall recently on a Windows XP Home box and asked me why svchost.exe...

Block Google Talk File Transfer
Is there any way to block GoogleTalk file trasfer, and still use other funcionality of Google Talk? Ivan

Applying NAT Rules in Firewall-1 To External Targets Only?
As long as you have client side NAT ticked in the global properties and anti spoofing properly configured in the gateway's topology it will figure it out. Sounds like you dont have it properly...

Pointer in the correct direction...
Hi, would someone please give me a pointer in the correct direction? I would like to think that I'm a fairly experienced Linux IPTables user, but I am a novice when it comes to Cisco IOS and NATing. I...

ASA 5510 ospf config with pix 501
I need help understanding a problem with Spoof Detection on Firewall-1 4.0 that appears to be rendering it worthless. On an internal network we have a Firewall-1 4.0 box that has 12 dmz interfaces...

Recommendations for Port/Device Lockdown software
I am looking for recommendations based on experience for Port/Device lock software that would securely lock down all workstation ports, either as a stand-alone service or capable of being administered...

Trying to set up external ip address with Netscreen 5GT
Hello, I want to set up a machine on our office network to have an externally visible ip address. At present the machine is assigned an internal ip address (192.168.0.22) which works just fine. How do...

spnego Nestaq
Hello, I try to implement the transparent authentification with spnego between Netasq F200 and a server 2003. For the configuration I followed the procedure of Netasq. When I make the test on the page...

Simultaneous users making a VPN connection from one location
We have a Cisco PIX firewall with version 6.1. I am having an issue with simultaneous users making a VPN connection to the corporate office from a remote location. One pc can make the VPN connection...

XP VPN server behind Linksys error 721
I'd like to run the XP pro VPN server (accept incomming connections) behind a Linksys WRT54G router temporarily until I get a better VPN endpoint. When I try using the stock firmware, there's no way...

Both to un-administrator myself?
A general security question: I've heard that a nearly ubiquitous mistake all of us home users are making is that we run 100% of the time as an administrator on XP. Now, I figure I'm otherwise *fairly*...

Cisco Firewall Help
Quick guess the deny ip any any should be last rule as udp is contained within ip - ip matches icmp,tcp,udp. Looks like your dns resolution is being blocked. wrote:

Any way to duplicate Checkpoint license?
This may be a bit of a stupid question.... but here goes... We have several Checkpoint FWs at work and I can get license details from our FW admin. I want to install a copy at home on a Win box and...

Zone Alarm (free addition) and Netscape dialup accelerater.
Erm... pardon my ignorance please, but what the??? I (and others) should run this instead of that. What is the point then? Instead of running a pf, which will usually check for updates periodically to...