Trying to set up external ip address with Netscreen 5GT

Hello,

I want to set up a machine on our office network to have an externally visible ip address. At present the machine is assigned an internal ip address (192.168.0.22) which works just fine. How do I configure the firewall (Netscreen 5GT) to associate the internal address with a unique external address?

I believe what I want is to create a MIP (mapped IP address) but I don't know how to do that. I went through all of the options in the Netscreen web UI and couldn't figure it out.

I've searched the user docs at the Netscreen web site and searched the web, but I can't figure out what to do. Hope you can help.

best, Robert Dodier

Reply to
Robert Dodier
Loading thread data ...

Well, I found the solution about 5 minutes after sending this message ....

In the Netscreen web UI, go to Network >> Interfaces and click the edit link on the interface for the Untrust zone. At the top of the editing page, there is "Properties:" followed by a list which includes "MIP". Click the MIP link and create a new MIP to associate the internal and external addresses.

Then go to Policies and create a new policy which has the new MIP as the destination address.

Hope this info is useful to someone.

regards, Robert Dodier

Reply to
Robert Dodier

i was just gonna say that :-)

Reply to
mak

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.