QoS setting problem

The router is cisco 2821, the g0/0 is connected to LAN, and s0/0/0 is connected to WAN. I have following setting to configure QoS for all traffic (x.x.x.x/24 subnet and y.y.y.y)

interface GigabitEthernet0/0 -- some setting priority-group 1 ! interface Serial0/0/0 -- some setting priority-group 1 ! access-list 103 permit ip any x.x.x.x 0.0.0.255 (for one subnet) access-list 103 permit ip any host y.y.y.y (for one IP address) access-list 103 permit ip x.x.x.x 0.0.0.255 any (for the traffic from first subnet) priority-list 1 protocol ip high list 103

But this setting look like not working. Because when traffic is busy in office, people still very difficult to access ip x.x.x.x and y.y.y.y. (It is not much traffic between our office and target network)

Please provide me some suggestion for this setting and methods to find out the problem.

Thanks,

Regards, Hing Cheow Yong

Reply to
cyhing
Loading thread data ...

Hing,

I am not sure which type of traffic you are trying to provide QoS on. Yes, you can have access-list to allow/prevent traffic; howevert QoS means you are making decisions to which traffic or type of traffic that will be allowed to "make it" when there is congestion on your network. So, the first thing I would do is make a decision on which type of traffic you want to "make it", i.e. Voice, HTTP, Point of Sale, etc. Then I would create a basic service-policy which CLEARLY does not use all of the available bandwidth. I would apply this to your WAN interface. Once you make this decision, you can build a class-map to "mark" the traffic. After you mark the traffic, then you create a policy-map to "do something" to the traffic which was just marked. The basic options of "do something" you can assign a percent of your bandwidth to a certain class, you can drop a certain class, you can change COS or you could allow the default class of fair-queue to handle the class-map. Once you have a policy-map created, you need to apply a service-policy which has been applied to your WAN interface.

Reply to
tjcreek55

Hi tjcreek55,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

The setting configured according the cisco priority queue

formatting link
requirement is simple, just want all traffic which go to x.x.x.x/24 subnet and ip y.y.y.y can go out first, all other type of traffic is not that important.

I apply the priority-group in the traffic incoming and outgoing interface does it correct? How can I test this setting?

Thanks,

Regards, Hing Cheow Yong

tjcreek55 menulis:

Reply to
cyhing

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.