AP1231's not pinging but showing up in CDP

Hi there,

I've got AP's that previously had no problem communicating but as of the last few days I haven't been able to login to them via SSH (they'll time out) nor ping them... they show up in a cdp neighbor on the 3750 PoE switch they're plugged into, and a show cdp entry will display the proper IP address I'm trying to connect to... but no luck.

I have not changed the firmware on them since the last time I was able to login, has anyone ever seen this happen? If so what do you recommend? I'm trying to avoid having to go out to all of these AP locations as most of them are hidden in ceilings... is there anything I can do from the switch end? Why would they work one day and then all not work the next?

Thanks...

PS - I have other 1231 AP's in different locations running the same firmware and not exhibiting this problem.... it seems to be contained to just certain places, so far 2 of my buildings on campus are showing this problem.

Reply to
shima
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
shima

Reply to
shima

I've had same kind of problem with this firmware: Cisco IOS Software, C1240 Software (C1240-K9W7-M), Version 12.3(8)JA, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

To be specific the symptom was that Fa0 interface was up put didn't send or receice any traffic. Rebooting helped for a while but all symptoms ended after we upgraded IOS. No problems with 12.3(8)JEA or later.

Reply to
Seppo Mannisto

Well we're running Version 12.3(8)JEB, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) on the switches in question... so this would be after JEA... oh and these are actually 1220's... the other one that I eventually got to work were

1230's... not sure if that makes a difference.

Also, what I find odd is that cdp shows AIR-AP122 Fas 0 Since when I do a cdp on a 1230 building that's working it shows AIR-AP123 Fas 0.1

I'm a bit concerned by the lack of the 0.1 in the non talking building. I've tried rebooting the AP's but at most it will show on a few of them 0.213 and 0.261 (some of the other vlans it's using for broadcasting wireless) but not 0.1 or 0.2 (our two management ones)... and that will go away after it fully boots and it will revert to just showing Fas0 only.

Problem #2 here is that this is the ONLY building on our campus running the old 1220's so I can't do a direct comparison. It's also the only building whose AP's are on 10.119.1.1 gateway while the switch is on 10.121.1.1 (all other places the switch and ap gateway are both 10.121.1.1)

Reply to
shima

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.