CCIE Security (Written) Study

You don't want a centralized study resource :)

The Cisco Press CCIE exam guide is a good place to start as a jump off point, but doesn't go into the depth necessary for the exam.

As a start, look at all the resources for the CCNP, CCIP and CCDP exams (except MPLS)

- Routing TCP/IP Volumes I and II

- Internet Routing Architectures

- OSPF Design Guide

- The config guides for the 3500 and 3700 series switches

Get that down, and you are well on the way.

Reply to
yamahasw40
Loading thread data ...

Wondering how many of us here are preparing for or have passed CCIE Security written.

There aren't many centralized study resources around. Wanted to know what everyone is using.

Reply to
Vivek

Errr,

CCNP, CCIP , CCDP ??

I understand CCIE Security covers Routing & Switching but all above three for it ?

Please explain as I am deep into Security studies.

Reply to
Vivek

Hi

I've recently passed the CCIE Security Written Exam . It does indeed have a fair amount of Routing and switching. I would recommend your R&S knowledge be at the CCNP level and that you make yourself comfortable with the conent of the CCSP stream as well. Also the CCIE written exm good is a good start however do not rely on this alone.

I completed CCNP, CCDP and CCSP before attempting the CCIE security exam , which seemed to give me a good grounding.

Vivek wrote:

Reply to
Leon

Thanks Leon :)

I guess I have lot of R&S to catch up with.

Reply to
Vivek

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.