Getting the image of my BEFVP41 V2 linksys router

I need to retreive the DSL password burried inside my linksys router, but I also don't know the router's password (tried "admin" and it's not it).

Is there a way to hack into this router? maybe through TFTP?

Can I download the entire image via TFTP?

Please don't suggest resetting the router to default because then i'll loose my dsl password.

Thanks

Reply to
tomer
Loading thread data ...

Why don't you just have your ISP reset your password?

A_C

Reply to
Agent_C

You've got two problems: You don't have your router password, and you don't have your ISP password. The solution is also two-fold: Reset the router to factory defaults, and call your ISP to have your password reset.

The only way that's not a practical solution is if for some reason getting new passwords is a problem. For example, if we're not talking about your router, or your ISP account, and new passwords would be a problem for the real owner of the router and ISP account.

In other words, forget about any backdoor methods of hacking into the router and/or ISP account. If they're your accounts, just get the passwords reset. If they're not your accounts, forget about it.

Reply to
Warren

This router is a centralized router for the entire building and that's why i don't have the password. I'm using it by permission. Why don't ask the building owner for the password? Try explaining to a primitive person that incoming ports redirection will not harm the other users... (i need it for my voip, not emule..)

Reply to
tomer

From your description, I would guess the router would be configured to assign IP addresses via DHCP and port redirection requires a static IP address. You'll have to ask the manager to make the required changes.

I don't know anything about voip. Would all customers receive traffic on the same port? if so, only one tenant in the building could install it since the WAN side of the router presents a single IP address to the outside world.

Reply to
Tom Stiller

Personally I wouldn't want to mess with that router as anything not expected (I didn't say anything wrong) will likely be blamed on your "adjustments" for the next decade or two.

And yes I'm also a bit puzzled as to why you'd need access to use VOIP.

Reply to
DLR

Then get your ISP to reset your ISP password, give the new password to the IT people who put your original password in the router to simply change it.

The other choices are the one you mention of getting the password to the router so you can make the changes yourself, or the other choice is to hack into a system that you don't have permission to have access to. That, by the way, would be illegal.

There is one more choice. You can do nothing.

But the bottom line is as I suspected: It's not your router.

Reply to
Warren

There are 11 ports that needs to be directed towards the voip device. each time one of the ports will be functional, apparently random. it's true that the other tenents won't be able to use this voip service, but the liklyhood of them using the exact same service (which i'm using abroad) is 0. is there a way to hack this linksys router, maybe by download the image via TFTP? what's the name of this file on the router?

Reply to
tomer

There are two ways to change a firmware image on a Linksys router. The first way is to use the GUI in the router's configuration pages. The second way is to use a TFTP program you can download from Linksys. Both methods require knowing the rotuer's admin password.

Perhaps Warren was putting too sharp a point on things. Allow me to be more blunt...what you are proposing to do is illegal & if you are in America such an act would be considered an act of terrorism under the Homeland Security Act punishable by at least 5 years in jail.

If you wish to break the law you will find no help here.

Reply to
gray.wizard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.