verizon dsl still not working

Today was my completion date, dsl light on modem still flashing on and off, still can't connect to any site, though I can login to modem. I have a wireless connection which I am using now but I disable it when trying to setup/ connect w verizon dsl. Their techs stink. Any advice? Please read my previous post on this. Thank you.

Reply to
gogetitnow2005
Loading thread data ...

wrote

This is pretty straight forward, really.

Until your DSL light stays on steady, you don't HAVE a DSL circuit........and you can't connect to anything without a working link.

If you haven't already, turn the modem off for about a minute and then back on. If after 5 minutes the DSL light is still blinking, call your DSL provider. Keep calling them until it is fixed. Either their circuit work is not really done or the modem is bad.

This assumes that you actually have the modem plugged into a working jack OR to the proper jack on a filter and it is connected to a jack with dial tone. For this to work you actually need a connection from the modem to the line. If you are unsure about this, take the phone cord out of the modem and plug it into a standard phone; you must have dial tone or else there is a problem in your wiring somewhere.

Reply to
Ken Abrams

What does that mean? On some modems, that means activity.

Well, of course. That's ten steps later.

So what does the modem say? Does it show the DSL line working or not? Is a session established or not?

How far do you get in this attempt?

Really? What happened? What did they tell you?

You have to make your posts standalone. You have to give descriptions of the actual problem.

It could be your modem is not properly configured. It could be that your wiring or filters are not correct. It could be that everything's working fine and you're just not testing correctly. Who knows?

DS

Reply to
David Schwartz

Without knowing which specific light is blinking, it's impossible to say for sure. But it sounds as if you don't have an actual connection between your residence and the DSLAM. Without that, you won't go anywhere.

As bad as their techs might be, your phone company is the only one that's going to be able to give you advice on this matter because only they know your true status.

Reply to
Cyrus Afzali

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.