dsl and fax receiving on analog modem?

Hello,

I have had dsl for about two years. The service has worked fine we have been able to have internet traffic and receive faxes through a analog modem simultaniously. Reciently, with in the last 2 - 3 weeks we have lost this ability. We can send faxes simultaniousaly but are not able to receive simultaniousaly. We spoke to our isp and the provider of the telephone line. Both parties say that their service has nothing to do with our problem. I don't think we have donHello,

I have had dsl for about two years. The service has worked fine, I have been able to have internet traffic and receive faxes through an analog modem simultaneously and receive the faxes through Winfax. Recently, with in the last 2 - 3 weeks I have lost this ability. I can send faxes simultaneously but are not able to receive simultaneously. By this I mean data traffic and voice traffic on the line. I spoke to our isp and the provider of the telephone line (They are different). Both parties say that their service has nothing to do with our problem. I don't think I have installed any new software with in this time span to cause this problem. I installed SP2. I changed our filters that did not fix the problem. Currently I are receiving all faxes on a fax machine but it is not as good as receiving them on the computer. Would anyone know anything about what is happening or have a suggestion? I would like to be able to regain the same level of usability in the future.

P.S. Although Symantec (the maker of Winfax) suggest that I use a separate line for faxing, I have been able to do this for more than a year.

Thanks. NYC Subway

Reply to
nycsubways
Loading thread data ...

I assume that you have a low-pass DSL filter between the modem in the PC and the line to the DSL modem. If so, you may need to update the drivers in your PC, especially if the modem is built-in from the manufacturer. I had to update some drivers from HP for my laptop after SP2 was installed.

Reply to
Rick Wintjen

I agree, I did not check that we did install SP2. I will try that and see if it helps. Thank you.

Reply to
nycsubways

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.