Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Wi-Fi on the iPhone
How to make Wi-Fi works with the iPhone. The odd way of entering the WEP key in Hex is sure to cause confusion. No, I didn't buy an iPhone.

wireless router
Hi, I have a question about hooking up a wireless router in my dorm. We have 4 rooms each one of us have a separate lan connection. I want to make my LAN connection as wireless. Is it possible to hook...

If you are looking for free wifi we can help
There are a lot of websites where you can query for locations...while you are on line. But what do you do if you are offline looking to find a spot that is free? We provide a directory at no charge....

Disconnection Issues
Ok, so I have a wireless access point, Linksys 802.11b 11Mbps one, and it appears as though i cannot stay connected to it. I get disconnected all the time from it (sometimes more often than others)....

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless Wiki with Google: Main article:...

Internet Providers Have Teamed Up
Internet providers have teamed up with hardware companies to offer some really nice high-speed access deals. Check them out at http://www.dsldance.com

Simple Local Network Without Any Wires
Hi, I am new to wireless, just asking can I make a simple wireless network (without any wires) that covers multiple laptops, PSPs, iMate phones (with Windows Mobile). Note: The network does not...

Comparing of Wi-Fi Access Points??
Hi All, i'm here new, I have few question about Wi-Fi vendors defference?! Which vendor is better?! Now i'm comparing 3 vendors: Alvarion Wi2 AP: D-Link DWL-G700AP: ftp:// PePwave Surf Ap 400: see the...

Wireless connection dropping 50% of packets
Make sure you're running your radios in high-power mode. I once accidentaly set the WiFi adapter (Intel 2200BG) in my laptop to power-saving mode and experienced the same problems you did, even though...

Windows Live Messenger causing drop-outs
First let me state for the record that I do not use or recommended this stuff to anyone else. Its just that I have two daughters who love it. They log on and chat to their friends and each other. But...

Did I obfuscate my usenet newsreader & who I am in this posting?
Did I obfuscate my usenet newsreader and who I am in this posting? I've read up on how to remain anonymouse on the internet and one way they say is to obfuscate my usenet postings. I wonder if you can...

wireless 101
I have a home PC with a cable modem and Comcast Internet. I want to replace my PC with a laptop and have Internet service at home and away from home in cafes, etc. I haven't selected the laptop yet...

2 routers to solve low connection strength prob?
WHR-G54 or a WRT54GL) and install it in that room. Go into the router and disable the DHCP server, plug your cat5 cable into one of the routers LAN ports. Your configuration will be Router #1 LAN port...

is it possable to dissconnect someones internet connection?
Looking for someone to coach me with that