Wireless connection between office and house

Hi,

I have a Access Point setup at work as a AP and a Access Point setup at the house as AP Client.

It works 100%, but as soon is I plug another or more PC's in the switch at home, only one PC can connect to the AP at work at a time. They can all still see each other and also the AP client at the house, but cannot see past that AP client @ house to the AP @ the office.

My guess is obviously that one of the AP's doesn't want to allow multiple connections. I cannot find a setting that can be changed on the AP's. The MAC filtering is disabled, so all PC's should have access.

The AP @ home is plugged into the same switch than all the PC's.

I have to turn the switch off and on and unplug the other PC's, to give a specific PC access to the office AP.

Please advise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
King
Loading thread data ...

Did you turn off that DHPC server thing, and are you programs (like mail and browser) set to use a network connection, or one specific connection? Sounds sort of like you are hanging on the second AP triying to hand out an ip address and waiting for a response (which it never gets)... So it sits and waits, and takes a power off/on to make it work... Seems to fit the symptoms you describe....

Reply to
Peter Pan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.