Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How to configure multicast over wifi ?
Hi, I would like to configure multicast over wifi to have 2 tablets to rweceive the same stream at the same time. I can configure and setup ad-hoc network to have peer-to-peer network connection over...

Virgin Cable with Wireless and P2P
Hi, I have recently setup the a netgear wgt624 v3 wireless router. Currently I have 1 laptop (vista) running wireless, however I have found that when i run any P2P programs the wireless connection...

Go Wireless with an old Cable Modem
Hi Folks, I currently have a Motorola Cable Modem like the one pictured here it only has one ethernet port on the rear. I would like to go wireless for my laptop but keep a physical ethernet port for...

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless Wiki with Google: Main article:...

IBM ThinkPad T22 notebook
Is anyone know how to add some extra RAM in a IBM T22 laptop ? do I need to remove the whole cover ? Thanks for answering me!! ------------------------------------------------------------------------...

determine mac address of an access point
dear wlan guru is there a way to determine the mac address of the access point, windows xp / vista is connected to ? i would prefer a native way without any extra tools (netsh ?) thanx alto tim

Small stub - 2.4 GHz SMA antenna - help to identify?!
Hello, I am currently looking for a small 2.4 GHz SMA stub antenna. I've found one antenna that fits just my needs. but unfortunately there is no markings at all on this antenna. Have been looking all...

WiMax - MAC & CID
Hello, I am researching why WiMax needs both MAC addresses, and CIDs. Does anybody understand why this is? It really has me stumped. So far all i have (and it could even be wrong), is that the MAC is...

Swiss Quad. Help wanted.
Hy. Does anyone knows about the Swiss Quad antenna? About ten years ago I built one according to the measures for the frecuency 27455 Mhz that came to me through a friend of mine. I really had a very...

Need Wireless-N card to boost Wireless-N router range?
First off hello everyone and apologies if this is redundant, as I skimmed back a couple of weeks and couldn't find anything on this topic. We have a rather large spread on our property, and had a...

help me
hi i'v got speedtouch modem. i want to connect this modem with AP linksys as repeater WIRELESSLY. is there possibility to do this ? tell me...

music download problems
when I play back my downloaded music it cuts out...no other programs are running that could interfer with the downloads...is this a common thing for wireless connections...

WINS Help Needed
At home I have a 3 user ad-hoc wireless network consisting of 2 desktops and 1 laptop, all running XP Pro SP2 and connected via Belkin USB 802.11G adaptors (although they only connect using 802.11B...

Need advice on 802.11n strategy (running two wireless routers)
Ultimately my question is this: Using my two routers, can I create two wireless access points and keep one of the access points pure 802.11n? Here are some details: I have both an Airport Extreme and...