Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Can see my network but can't connect
I can see my wireless network, but when I try to connect nothing happens. My access point is a new dir-625 router(N). My adapter on the pc I'm trying to connect is a dwl-g132 & OS is Windows 2000. I...

i got Q-two-three
TEW 210 apb, acess point bridge 2.4 hmm.... What do you suggest to do? I thought i could connect with it to my friend's connection i.e. net. I have integrated wireless card and antenna in my...

NEWS: Google to Announce Mobile Platform on Monday
Google negotiators this weekend continue to hammer out agreements with wireless carriers, handset makers, software developers, and hardware providers, as the company prepares to announce on Monday an...

WPA-PSK with RTL8187b and Windows XP?
I am trying to get a Windows XP box running using a RTL8187b USB-Stick and WPA-PSK (TKIP) encryption. The Realtek utility shows that the connection is being resetted every few seconds. That way I do...

Problem with a cable modem
Cable company replaced our modem with a AMBIT Model U10C018 We have two Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 (Standard OEM software) and a Linksys WRT54GV5 (Standard OEM Software) All were individually working( one on...

Firewall Selection Help
Good day. I'm starting a network consisting of 50 PCs (both wireless and wired solution) through a satellite connection. I need a dedicated firewall which will be able to accomplish the following:...

WPA for Sony Vaio PCG-Z1RMP
I have a Sony Vaio with Intel Pro/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adaptor I am unable to connect to networks secured with WPA/WPB Keys. Any help or information with this problem would be most...

Extending wifi with 2 wireless routers
Hi, I have seen several threads about this, but they could not help with this problem. I have two Voyager 2091 wireless routers. One is downstairs, connected to the DSL. Signal is weak upstairs and I...

wifi SSID vs network sharing
I know that Vista has started to address this issue, but recently - when I did the McDonalds and other public WiFi tests I thought of this major concern.... SSID vs networking sharing (on or off) At...

weird wireless problem in hotel room
The room I had at a hotel recently had the following characteristics. 1. I got a strong signal on their wireless network, everywhere in the room. 2. I could only get an IP address in some parts of the...

WRT54G and Static Clients
How do I tell my WRT54G with Linksys firmware (8.00.2) to always assign certain IP's to certain MACs (or hostnames)? I need to know that certain hardwired and wireless devices are at certain static...

Wi-Fi Guard !
i am a software engineer student, doing bachelors. i have proposed to make a Final Year project on Wireless Intrusion Detection System. kindly give me a guide on this. and tell me what are new attacks...

Noob Voip.. BT Voip and OSX any help please
I've switched over from orange to BT broadband after a hoo har, and thought of taking on the internet line, to which i still have not used mainly as i didn't want the home hub as it has security...

wireless ip settings
havingupgraded from win98 to XP sp2 now Explorer in my notebook refuses to work. router: D-Link DSL-G604T Mac address for notebook adapter is accepted notebook does connect but explorer does not find...

UK WiFi hotspots and roaming
Caravanning usage touring the country. As I understand it to use a laptop on the move around the country we need to find Wifi hotspots and use something like a TP-Link 54Mbps Wireless USB Adapter (£8...