Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Need help with bandwidth management . . .
. . . on limited funds. I will try to be concise, while providing adequate info. I handle IT for a property management company that recently took over management of an RV park. This park provides...

multiple access points
I have a Dlink DIR-655 in the basement, next to the cable modem. It covers most of the house but does not get too far outside. I would like to put an access point on the first floor to service the...

WiFi at state parks
in case you had not seen this article... Outdoor enthusiasts may dislike the idea of a laptop in every tent, but the number of state parks with wireless Internet service is growing rapidly. State...

Questions on Internet connection in Paris
1) what are the good ISP's that provide hotspots in Paris? 2) is there any nationwide wireless network in France? (not wi fi, but anywhere you go with laptop) 3) is there any Europe-wide wireless...

newbe help...
Hi, I've been googling for 2 hours now :( Im looking to set-up a open public wifi hotspot (access point).I have a machine running win2k pro I use as a web server and a mp3 store with shoutcast. Im...

Weirdest problem ever: Internet not working when my POWER CABLE is plugged in!
This is the strangest problem I have ever encountered - I moved to a new house and there was a wireless there but since my wireless is not working I connected straigt into the router - now to the...

Vista SP1 disables WiFi adapter
I recently bought a Sony Vaio VGN-NR220E laptop. Vista was preinstalled. I downoaded and installed SP1 the other day, and the onboard WiFi adapter went south. The Wireless LAN indicator light would...

Healthy life
Lower blood pressure - cholesterol - fats - blood sugar , improve respiratory responce , treat cancer. www . ceosec . com

Vista Wireless-N Slow to a Crawl Please Help....
I recently bought a Dell XPS One with a Broadcom 802.11n Network card and wireless is slow and unusable. My home network consists of a Motorola Surfboard cable modem via Comcast broadband service...

how to get wireless signal to go 300'
I have a workshop that is 300 feet from my house.. I want to set up a computer in it and access the same wireless signal that is currently in my house.. Currently I have a wireless G router and I am...

laptop won't connect
We have four computers connecting via our Netgear router. Two are connected via cable and two laptops via wireless. Now one of the will connect to the home network (in that I can access the shared...

Wireless Connection Problems
Go figure... I'm using a Belkin wireless card on my laptop (WinXP) at home. I go out of town (fly) and then my wireless doesn't work at all. I've tried shutting down the firewall, virus scan, etc.,...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless Wiki with Google: Main article:...

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

Screen saver messes up a download over wireless adapter
I've got the Trendnet TEW-424UB wireless USB adapter that I installed yesterday. I was downloading a large file today, and then the screen saver kicked in. Then I moved the mouse to get out of the...