WRT54GS Dropping Internet Connection

First, the LinkSys WRT54GS is version number 6, with firmware revision

1.52.0 applied.

Two or three times a day, while in the middle of a browser session or reading newsgroup, the router simply stops talking to my RoadRunner cable modem. Recycling the power fixes the problem, but I don't want to have to reboot this thing three times a day.

Is this a known issue or is there some magical setting I need to know about? If you need more info, I'll give it you.

Thanks.

Reply to
The Rejuvenated Techie
Loading thread data ...

Make sure your encryption is enabled and you have your Mac address filtering and have NAT enabled along with your firewall. Also keep in mind that if your running your computer with sleep mode that allot of WIFI cards don't support that mode and won't come back out of sleep mode and start working again. In the end don't expect the ISP to troubleshoot this for you. In the end your best is to chalk it up call India for tech support (ie. router manufacturer) and find out what the problem is. If you can connect directly to your modem and it doesn't drop then its and issue with that cheap POS router. Don't blame it on the ISP.

It sounds like you already have it covered but make sure that the router firmware is the latest and greatest. That MIGHT fix the issue. Sometimes it just creates more. Good luck

Doug

Reply to
Doug Simar

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 14:08:31 -0400, "The Rejuvenated Techie" wrote in :

Can you ping the router? Access the router browser interface? Does the router show any WAN problem?

More info is _always_ helpful!

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.