WPA-RADIUS Linksys WAP54G Losing Certificates

This is an intermittent issue, hence my going to the user community vs. Linksys, Dell, or Microsoft. My company is testing WPA-RADIUS with the Linksys WAP54G in about 15 locations right now. The issue that comes up most frequently is that a user can gain access to the network (wirelessly) in a number of locations, but when they return to the corporate office (where we have two APs) I'm forced to restart both the AP and the Laptop in order for them to gain access to the network. Any ideas?

The second issue has somewhat gone away for now, but we're about to roll this out company-wide and I want to see if anyone else is experiencing it: I install the certificate from the CA, it shows up in the MMC when I go looking for it, but doesn't show up in TCP/IP properties when I look there. The user has problems accessing the network and I need to reinstall the certificate.

Thanks!

Danny

P.S. Linksys WAP54G, Dell D600, and Windows XP Pro are the common components.

Reply to
asosatterdw
Loading thread data ...

comes

Is it consistently the same people having the problem? Is there anything in common, hardware, drivers, OS service packs for those having the problem? A guess is that the MAC is still considered logged on, thus creating a local relogin problem. A reset of the local AP after it receives the MAC may be resetting the MAC in the Radius Server.........This is theory only, but its the only thing I can think of where a reboot of the AP after a login attempt might change the issue.

Not a clue. By the way, why did a business go with a residential consumer product like the wap54g.

Reply to
Airhead

Our branches rarely have more than two or three users at a time on the wireless AP. The advantage of going with a higher end unit didn't justify the cost.

Reply to
asosatterdw

Windows 2003, XP SP2, latest firmware for AP. All of the clients have latest BIOS updates, windows updates, and wireless adapter firmware as well.

Reply to
asosatterdw

what RADIUS/Client WiFi software you using

Reply to
None

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.