Wireless Key Board

A couple of days ago I purchased a Microsoft Optical Desktop Executive Edition Wireless Keyboard and mouse. I already had the mouse and it works fine. Cannot get the keyboard to start up after overnight shut down. I can get it working by starting the DT with the wired KB connected, then switch over but that does not do the job. What could be wrong?

BILL P.

Reply to
William. Boyd
Loading thread data ...

Are you actually doing a shutdown, or is the overnight thing a power save go into hibernate mode after nn hours? If power save mode, it requires a mouse movement or key stroke to start again, but since it is wireless, doesn't actually happen... try turning OFF the power save (hibernate or shutdown hard disk after xx hours, set it to never, and see if that works). (ps, when you travel in the RV, make sure you shut it down, you will no longer be on shore power)

Reply to
Peter Pan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.