Regarding Anonymity

Gentlemen (and Ladies):

I'm looking for some technique or other that would allow me to post photos and bios of my favorite morons and half-wits. I'd like this to be fairly anonymous, so that even a subpoena would be ineffective in identifying me.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks, ChronJob

Reply to
ChronJob
Loading thread data ...
  • ChronJob :

Yes that takes great courage. Post photos and personal information of people you don't like and cower under a rock while doing it.

Now go troll elsewhere little one.

Jason

Reply to
Jason

snipped-for-privacy@hushmail.com (Walter Roberson) wrote in news:gXvfj.4463$uV6.4258@pd7urf1no:

Thanks Walter.

No, of course not threats, or anything even remotely approaching that sort of stuff.

I'm just talking about revealing the true nature of some sorts who wield their power via arbitrary status and malignant-to-psychotic personalities.

You see, morons like Todd just can't conceive of the possibility that anonymity can be for the good. It frequently is.

So, FUCK OFF Todd!!

ChronJob

Reply to
ChronJob

Jason wrote in news:fMhfj.9670$8 snipped-for-privacy@fe089.usenetserver.com:

Well, thanks for the lecture snipped-for-privacy@invalid.address.lan, you little jackass.

Now, anyone have thoughts or suggestions on the question above?

Thanks, ChronJob

Reply to
ChronJob

Thoughts, yes. "Off topic for comp.security.firewalls" comes to mind.

Suggestions: repost to alt.privacy.anon-server or alt.privacy perhaps if you are intent on such sniping as an anonymous coward. Or perhaps focus time and effort on something more positive. You'll end up happier, with the latter suggestion, I suspect.

Best Regards,

Reply to
Todd H.
  • ChronJob :

Ahh poor baby. Does the trurh hurt? What ever slights these people did, imagined or otherwise (I suspect mostly imagined) it's not worth the hassle of being childish and doing what you are asking.

Jason

Reply to
Jason

snipped-for-privacy@toddh.net (Todd H.) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ripco.com:

Ah, some additional moralizing from a busy-body candy-ass.

Why don't you just shut your cake-hole, and try answering a posted question. Perhaps your idiot family give a hoot for your opinions, but it's unlikely that any else does.

Thanks, ChronJob

Reply to
ChronJob

If you happen to be in the USA, then note that the anonymous pampleteering laws literally only protect physical pamplets, not electronic discourse. And even using physical pamplets has not historically prevented the anonymous pampleteers from being charged or losing their jobs or whatnot: the relevant law effectively only provides a defence leading to acquital from the charges, or being sufficient to get a court order that the job dismissal was invalid.

Thus, in the USA, the right to remain anonymous is relatively thin and media-specific.

Beyond that, you would be treading not so much in the area where a subpoena would be ineffective in identifying you, but rather in the area where the effort to track you down through sufficient subpoenas would become inordinate for most purposes. But if your "photos and bios" happened to be interpreted as threats against the US President, or interpreted as a "terrorism threat" then organizations who -do- have sufficient resources might decide to go through the trouble.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

At the risk of trolling the troll...

You apparently overlooked the pointers to the 2 on-topic groups that specialize in your question.

It's not because I and others here don't know the answer. Put your thinking cap on though as to why your approach isn't winning friends, influencing people, or compelling the answers you seek.

Best Regards,

Reply to
Todd H.

Blowjob, Wackjob, err, ChronJob,

For the record, I'm 100% in support for anonymity for legitimate uses.

I'm just anti-dickwad-who-seems-bent-on-denigrating-others-to-no-useful-end-while-hiding-his-identity-because-he's-a-pussy.

I suspect your purpose for anonymity isn't exactly, say, exposing humanitarian ills behind the c curtain of oppressive third world regimes who strictly censor internet content here.

And dont' forget, I pointed you to the groups who champion privacy and anonymity for specific recommendations. I'll even utter the word "tor" for your googling.

By the way, do your middle school classes resume next week?

Best Regards,

Reply to
Todd H.

Nah... I don't actually think one is entirely a troll, but rather a young moron.

Trolls (clever ones anyway) typically don't get emotional enough to tell folks to F off, or get as defensive as this kid did. Hence the fun.

Best Regards,

Reply to
Todd H.

X-No-Archive: Yes

You cannot completely avoid being traced, but you can use Evidence Eliminator on your hard disk, so that they will not be able to get anything out of your computer.

Reply to
Chilly8
  • Leythos :

Calling it snake-oil is a compliment to ee. Keep using ee chilly, it will make it easier for the men in black when they catch you.

Jason

Reply to
Jason

And if you really believe that, well, you just keep using it, the term snake-oil is a common phrase around those products.

Reply to
Leythos

Actually, there is a growing market now for such products. A number of products like that are on the market now.

Reply to
Chilly8

Yes, snake-oil, it's been around for a long time, a very long time. You keep believing that you're protected - right up to the point where you get hit with a criminal action for helping people break company rules and ethics violations.

Reply to
Leythos

If you are referring to the time that I helped a figure skating fan, in Canada, keep up with news, last Febrary, of one good friend of hers who was injured in the pairs event at Four Continents, I must say AGAIN that since NONE of my servers are in Canada, I was NOT SUBJECT to prosecution under ANY Canadian laws. Providing her with a login and password to my special private encrypted proxy did NOT make me subject to prosecution in Canada. Since NONE of my servers are in Canada, NONE of the content accessed through that server was subject to ANY Canadian laws. The Canada Criminal Code DOES NOT APPLY to server owners/operators whose servers are NOT in Canada. Its so simple, if your server is not in Canada, than Canadian laws DO NOT APPLY to your server.

Reply to
Chilly8

On the topic of "Snake Oi" Programs Like DD and things like electron microsopes do magic for recovering data that these magnificent applications supposed delete. While at a recent security conference in DC I heard a story on this topic. A warrant was served at a residence and the individual in an effort to cover there tracks actually shot his computer with a 9mm pistol and happened to hit a portion of the hard drive. The hardrive was damaged enough that using it in a computer was out of the question. However, they were able to by extra means extract enough data off the drive to convict the little bastard of possesion of child p*rn. If people can extract data from a drive which has at least some part of a bullet in or through it then your snake oil application is not really going to stop much outside of the lazy and people those that just dont care.

Like has been previously stated keep thinking those applications will protect you. because what ever your hiding I am sure will inevitably end up with a knock on your front door real soon.

On the topic of posting info on others. Nothing is completely anonymous even when spoofing there is always a record somewhere. I am sure with a little internet searching anyone could find someone who is into "computer research" to blow your cover and weed you out. Depending on how damaging the info you care to post is it might make the person whose life you are about to ruin act shall we say "unrational".

I like to think carma has a way at getting back at vengefull people. trend lightly in these affairs because carma will find you good or bad..

Reply to
Newbie72

My typing is horrible... i meant to say tread lightly.

Reply to
Newbie72

I'm talking about all of the BS you report here about helping people break company policy and telling them that there is nothing wrong and it can't be traced or detected.... complete and utter BS/lies on your part.

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.