Wireless hi-fi

Hi there,

This is my first posting in this group...hi!

I'm looking to purchase a wireless media player that'll be used primarily for music. I've a number of requirements but not too sure what product to go for. Does anyone have any suggestions - good or bad!

- My music is currenly on an external USB hard drive - I may look to update to an external harddirve running off a wireless router.

- I have a next generation NetGear router

- Ideally I'd like something that has its own display so that I don't need to connect to a TV

- I remote control would be useful ;)

- Something future proof i.e. will be able to utilise bandwidth capabilities of a Next Gen wireless router

I've looked at a couple of products - Squeezebox 3 and the Roku Soundbridge. Does anyone no of anything new in the pipeline that'd be worth waiting for?

Cheers,

Matt

Reply to
MattBromley
Loading thread data ...

On 27 Mar 2007 07:34:09 -0700, "MattBromley" wrote in :

My personal preference is the Apple Airport Express, which can drive any self-powered home audio gear. iTunes on an old laptop computer is used to drive the system with stored music, Internet radio, etc. Works wonderfully well. Cost effective. Highly recommended.

Reply to
John Navas

"MattBromley" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

Philips SLA5520 if you want to hook up the music on your HD to your stereo wirelessly. Small and good looking, with a blue display, remote control and WPA-AES support. Plays mp3, wav and internet radio. 129 euro. Exactly what I had been looking for. Possibly not available worldwide.

Reply to
Ernie_IRS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.