wireless hack

Hi guys, it's my first day on Google Group and so I'm sorry for any mistake I'm doing.. I'm starting use aircrack on the wireless connection I have at home and everything work (on the point of view of hacking wlan, it's my wlan's protection that doesn't work..:D) At least, I'd like to know how to hack a wireless connection if I know nothing about it: in particular if it works with dhcp or static ip address. Thanks a lot for your help!

Reply to
Jodido
Loading thread data ...

Sniff the traffic, see what the IP addresses in use are, use Kismet, that will do this for you.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

First mistake. Never admit that you're clueless or you'll get clueless answers.

If you want detailed instructions on how to break into a neighbors wireless system, get them from someone else.

However, if you want some tools that will help you learn how such things are done and how wireless works, I suggest you download and run Security Auditor which is based on Knoppix. There are more hacker tools on this CD than I've had time to play with.

formatting link
formatting link
sure to check the "tested devices" page for your hardware as it doesn't run with every wireless card ever made.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm downloading Security Auditor and it seems exactly what I needed.

Reply to
Jodido
8> If you want detailed instructions on how to break into a neighbors
8>
Reply to
Bob II

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.