Wireless Dell can't find Apple Extreme

I can't get a Dell to find a Mac Airport Extreme. I used to work. Can anyone give me any pointers on how to get the Dell to find the wireless connection again? The Dell is running Windows XP and the Mac is running OS X 3.9. Thanks

Reply to
Healthy Stealthy
Loading thread data ...

"Healthy Stealthy" hath wroth:

Can the Dell (what model?) see or find *ANY* other wireless access points? Assuming you're using Windoze Wireless Zero Config, just right click on the wireless icon in the system tray and select "display available wireless networks". That will prove that the laptop is functional and able to search for other systems.

It's possible that the Mac Airport Extreme has be set to *NOT* broadcast its SSID. This is allegedly a security measure (which I consider a waste of time). If you know the SSID of the Airport Extreme, just go to the "wireless network connection properties" by double clicking on the wireless icon in the system tray, and setup a new connection with the ADD button using the correct SSID.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I tried that after you suggested it! I still can't get on. LOL! This is driving me crazy!

Reply to
Healthy Stealthy

The connection from the Dells says Limited or No Connection.

Reply to
Healthy Stealthy

On 5 Aug 2006 11:11:06 -0700, "Healthy Stealthy" wrote in :

That means DHCP is failing, which may simply be (and usually is) the result of security mismatch (e.g., wrong key, MAC filter).

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.