wireless cards that work with pci v2.0 or v2.1

Does anyone know of wireless PCI cards that will work with PCI bus earlier than v2.2? Most state v2.2 compliant but not necessarily whether this is a requirement. So I'm unsure which, if any, of these will work in an older PC. Two PC's I have are v2.1 and one old P1 machine I have may be even v2.0 PCI. I'm looking for 802.11b/g cards preferrably with atheros or ralink chipsets.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Dean
Loading thread data ...

Then go for a wireless AP in client mode. It is OS independent and will definetly work with every computer which has an ethernet port.

Ciao @+

Dean wrote:

Reply to
F8BOE

Thanks. I eventually found an 802.11g pci card that claims to be PCI 2.1 compatible. With ralink chipset and detachable antenna too.

formatting link

Reply to
Dean

Yes, the Ralink chipsets 2400 and 2500 should work and are also supported under non Bill Gates OSs. The question is to know if this particular set has either one of these chipsets, but that's only relevant for non Bill Gates consumers.

Dean wrote:

Reply to
F8BOE

I intend using it with either the new rt2x00 linux driver or the 'legacy' ralink linux driver. Whichever works best. I read (can't remember where now) that the reference design provided by ralink was based on PCI 2.2, but that the edimax card, unusually, supports PCI 2.1. PCI 2.1 support is stated on the edimax site and has been verified by some users so hopefully I won't be wasting my time.

Reply to
Dean

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.