Wireless bridge - possible in my case?

I've got a TEW-310APB access point/bridge unit which I try to setup as a bridge in my LAN environment and a Asus wl-500g-deluxe as the other part of my wireless world...

The situation is this:

I've placed my TEW-310ABP in one end of my house, connected to the LAN interface of my firewall. And I now wonder how to setup my access point so that it can bridge LAN traffic on to another access point I have - an Asus wl-500g-deluxe. My TrendNET is configured as a Wireless Bridge (in which mode I've supplied it with the MAC address of my Asus thingy) - without network success. Secondly I've tried the "Multiple Bridge"-mode of the TrendNET. Same result. The Asus unit is setup to WDS mode and the MAC address of my TrendNET is entered which should be all needed for the Asus to connect to it. I notice that the wireless activity-LED indicators of both access points flickers synchronously as if they really are connected - and this it while my PC's wireless client card is disconnected so I'm that does not cause this somewhat good indication of success...

Can you help me out on this?

Regards, Benny

Reply to
Benny Hest
Loading thread data ...

Is my problem that I need my TRENDnet to run in repeater mode? Which this model cannot...

/Benny

"Benny Hest" skrev i en meddelelse news:1GMyf.31$ snipped-for-privacy@news.getnet.dk...

Reply to
Benny Hest

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.