Vonage Phone,Wifi, Traveling, with What Router?

Here's the situation: I now have a Vonage phone account, using the recently introduced Linksys PAP2 adapter. Works like a charm. Those of you with broadband ought to check out

formatting link
(I don't work for them). To use the device you need a router with at least one spare port.

I travel a lot and broadband access is pretty common in hotel rooms now. I'd like to bring my wireless laptop along with me as well as a small phone along with the Linksys PAP2 (this will allow me to get and make phone calls whenever I travel...pretty neat.)

I need a traveling router (small) that has an AP and also has a spare open ethernet port on it...

Anyone know and recommend such a device? Remember small is good. Netgear just released a new traveling router; however no ethernet port. I also looked at Apple's AirPort Express (also small)...but no spare ethernet port either...but it does a built-in USB printserver.

Any recommendations?

Reply to
Michael M. Cohen
Loading thread data ...

What you really need is Wifi / VoiP phone like Zyxel 2000W, it isn't cheap though ! Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

How about the Wiflyer

formatting link

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.

Reply to
Ron Bandes

That's the only one I've been able to find with this feature set (plus it has dialup). They've just started {taking orders for,shipping?} the WiFlyer, and I'm considering it. Did they just drop the price? I seem to remembering taking it off my list, as it was something like $250, but (now?) it's only $150. Probably $50 more than a travel router and a travel AP, but pretty reasonable...

After leaving my previous travel AP with a client, I've been looking for a replacement. Anything else out there (yet) in this market space?

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.