liksys pap2 adaptor with wireless network

Hi,

The building I live in has wireless G connection but there are no wired ethernet port. Now if I want to use Linksys PAP2 adaptar for VOIP, a broadband ethernet cable has to be connected to the adaptar. So my question is, Is there any way to convert the wireless signal to wired signal which can be fed into a router and enable me to use the VOIP adaptar?

I have a Linksys USB wireless network adaptar and a router that I can use for this project if it is doable.

thanks

ims

Reply to
ims
Loading thread data ...

thanks for your reply, I have a BEFW11S4 which can also be used as an access point. Can you please direct me to somewhere where people have already discussed about this kind of situations?

thanks again

Reply to
ims

Try an access point in client mode or a wireless bridge client thingy

Reply to
David Taylor

That't the wrong end of the connection. The BEFW11S4 is an Access point. David was referring to an Access Point that also has a client mode, which the BEFW11S4 does not have.

Reply to
dold

Why don't you just use a WiFi VoIP phone such as Zyxel 2000W ? There are others: Senao, Cisco (sit down before asking the price) etc. They aren't cheap but it would be the simplest solution. Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.