Using Cell phone as modem for laptop

I am trying to use my Nokia 6820 which has a built in modem along with a data cable to get on the internet with my laptop when I am away from home & any wifi locations. So far I am not having much luck. I have seen numerous different settings when I searched under Google. Can anyone advise me what the current settings should be for the access point name, username & password (if needed). I used to be an ATT Wireless customer and am now under Cingular.

I am really getting frustrated but I don't want to go out and get a wireless pc card & add another account if I can just use my cell phone. Would a wireless pc card be any faster than my cell phone (if I can ever get it to work)? Is it worth buying & adding another account?

Any help is much appreciated.

Rich

Reply to
pheenix11
Loading thread data ...

Check out howardforums.com

Reply to
AximGuy

MOST cell phone companies have software that they sell that can do that, Verizon has "Mobile Office". The only problem is that the cell phone connection is NOT even 56k, it is MUCH slower, down around 14.4 usually.

Reply to
f/fgeorge

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.