Trouble w/ D-Link DGL-4500 @ 1000mW amp.

I am currently using 8mbps cable modem

formatting link
and D-Link DGL-4500 802.11n draft router
formatting link
have a 100mW amp. 'Buy Wireless antenna,WiFi Antenna,2.4Ghz 5Ghz Wlan Antenna,RF connector,RF pigtail cable,Lightning Protector,802.11 a/b/g, Omni ,panel ,yagi ,Grid antenna'
formatting link
I can pick up my signal farther than I can access internet. Whats the deal? Using a 802.11g or 802.11n network adapter I can pick up my signal @ Very Good to Good but can't access the internet. As soon as I get 10' closer and do a speed test I'm screaming @ at least 5000 to 6000 kbps down and 1500 to 2000 kbps. up load. 10 to 15' further, nothing?

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
greenpea52
Loading thread data ...

You have to remember, that your wireless adapter in your laptop has a fixed transmission power and is usually quite low powered, as well as most external PCMCIA cards.

There are alot of higher powered cards that are out there that usually solve that dilema.

I use, this card with an external 13" tall antenna, for mobile (vehicle). and the stock antenna for other mobile.

formatting link

Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services

---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **

----------------------------------------------------------

formatting link

Reply to
somebody

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:38:19 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@somewhere.net wrote in :

What really matters is the antenna, not the transmitter power. See

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.