Shared Internet Connection Problem

I have a home LAN with four computers that share an internet DSL connection via a D-Link DI-624 warless router. The computer that connects to the router via a cable has no problems. It uses XP Pro as the OS. All the wireless connections have the same problem. Two of the wireless connections use Win2K and one uses 98SE. All the machines that have a warless connection can go to some web sites, but time out on others. They can go to most web sites, do downloads, etc., but occasionally they try a page and it won't load. They all have trouble with the same sites. The primary computer has no problems. Sites that are a problem are some webmail sites and eBay. I have tried it with the software firewall (Sygate) turned off and it makes no difference.

---------------------------------------------------------------

bs has been included as part of my e-mail address to reduce the amount of spam mail. Change the 'bs'in my address to 'bellsouth' to send me a message.

Bill Burlingame

Reply to
William J. Burlingame
Loading thread data ...

William J. Burlingame wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You can try the re-flash the router with the current or later version of the firmware to see if that doesn't fix your problem. The firmware seems to be the culprit in the case of non access with a Web site and a router.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

The problem was that the Westell DSL modem also had a router capability. I had to change it to a Bridged ethernet option.

---------------------------------------------------------------

bs has been included as part of my e-mail address to reduce the amount of spam mail. Change the 'bs'in my address to 'bellsouth' to send me a message.

Bill Burlingame

Reply to
William J. Burlingame

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.