Connection Resets (PIX)

I have a mail server that very frequently sends mail to a number servers. Recently mail has been tagged as "Connection deferred" and the queue to some of the sites builds. Clearing the translations seems to fix the problem for a short time so... after hooking up a sniffer, I noticed that I see the SYN from my mail server and an ACK,RST from the firewall - putting the sniffer on the outside yields no data, my questions is this: Are connections from the inside to the outside controlled by the connection limit used by the static command at all? Disabling the floodguard feature and removing the connection limits resolved my issue by I am curious which one was actually the fix. Sure, I will tinker with each command to find out which one actually fixed the problem but I am curious if anyone else has experienced a similiar issue.

Reply to
ScriptBoy
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.