VPN & Remote Desktop Connection on 10.3.9

I'm new to VPN from Mac. I need to connect vian Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) to a remote computer behind a VPN server.

A win2k box behind the same local router as me connects correclty to the remote computer via VPN, but not my MAC. So this shouldn't be a local router thing.

on os x:

1- I have created a VPN connection in Internet Connect. It connects OK (But I need to set an encryption method.. is rejected by distant computer: "Could not negotiate a connection...") so GOOD!

-in network, I see the green button next to VPT (PPTP) VPN is connected to xx.xx.xxx.203. You are connected to the Internet via VPN

2- PROBLEM # 1: As soon as I have my VPN connection running, I can't access internet... no web page loads, no mail.

RDC Setup: In Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) application: the remote computer IP is 192.168.1.15 within the distant network (behing VPN server)

1-as soon as I click connect in RDC A) the RDC black screen appears (so there seems to be some connection happening) B) the VPN connection stops and I get the following message: "Internet Connect: The connection was terminated by the communication device. Please verify your settings and try again" C) RDC responds "The client could not connect to the remote computer"

The IT at remote location tells me to use Microsoft CHAP Version2 (MS-CHAP v2) and that it requires encryption.

thanks for any help! _____________________ Thierry

formatting link

Reply to
thierry.list1
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.