Setup steps for home network? Newbie

Hello, I have a linksys wireless hub with address 192.168.1.1. I have two nodes, a Windows 2000 server and a Windows ME Laptop, with addresses ".2" and ".100" respectively. The hub is setup as the DHCP server and gateway for both nodes.

I am wondering, I can't get the laptop to recognize the server at all. Maybe the laptop should have the server as the gateway? There is just TCP/IP running on each...

What do you think? I'd like to share files between laptop and PC.

Thanks in advance...

Reply to
author
Loading thread data ...

You need to 'Setup a home or small office network' on each machine; on the network adaptor of each, you also need to have file/printer sharing installed/enabled. I'm on XP so not sure how yours works...

Reply to
__spc__

I have two nodes, a Windows 2000 server and a Windows ME Laptop, it sounds like the equivalent to home office network would be a peer to peer network? Can you do peer to peer with TCP/IP? Or would you turn NetBUEI on?

Trying to get laptop and PC to talk to each other behind wireless linksys hub. Used to be MCSE. Thanks for any replies.

__spc__ wrote:

Reply to
author

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.