Setting ad-hoc USB wireless network from 11Mbps to 54Mbps: where?

As subject says. My two USB wifi adapters are supposed to support

54Mbps, but the network that the automatic WinXP "Zero Configuration" builds is 11Mbps instead. Where can I set the speed of network? Thanks.
Reply to
stefano.verna
Loading thread data ...

Would you prefer I also put the reply in the subject line?

You USB adapter in your unspecified computah is only USB 1.1 at

12Mbits/sec maximum data rate. To get faster than 11Mbits/sec, you need a USB 2.0 port. All USB wireless drivers are set to reduce wireless speed to 11Mbits/sec maximum if you plug them into a USB 1.1 port.
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Thanks.

Why not?

Reply to
stefano.verna

Some ad-hoc implementations are only 11Mbps. that's all that is required by spec. What brand and model of devices are these? Is it USB 2.0 or 1.1 on the devices and the PC ports?

Reply to
dold

I like to have a bunch of windows open on my 17" monitor. That means I have to conserve space in the news reader. So, I don't display the header which includes the subject line. The list of subjects tend to also get truncated. My search contraption only searches the body of the message, not the header. I often miss important information if it's planted in the subject line. In other words, make my life easy and kindly repeat anything important in the body of the message.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.