Ralink Wifi

i am having problems trying to get the ralink wifi card working on my laptop. I do know how to work the laptop etc but i am having a few problems on getting my wifi connected to any router. It says the device is working properly ive tried to connect it to my wireless router at home but it just wont work. Maybe the drivers are missing i dont know :confused: can anyone help me :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
toxiclove
Loading thread data ...

You don't say...

MANUFACTURE, MODEL OF LAPTOP

Go to the website and update drivers. Go to ebay and buy a better card, they are cheap!

formatting link

Reply to
curly Bill

toxiclove hath wroth:

Any particular model card, laptop?

Any particular operating system on your laptop?

Any particular error message when it fails to connect? Any particular model home wireless router? How do you have the home router configured? No encryption, WEP, WPA?

Drivers:

However, that's probably not your problem if your unspecified operating system says that it's working properly.

Probably not. At least not until you supply some numbers and details.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I got a ralink at Fry's just for hacking purposes. They have a complete set of drivers. I got it running on win2kpro and x64. I doubt a new card from ebay is the solution.

Reply to
miso

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.