OT can no longer browse web at public wifi hotspot

Hi all,

I've got a problem and have been trying to figure out what's going on but I hope you won't mind if I pick your brains.

My Mom's been in the hospital and I've been heavily relying on the free wifi hotspot provided by the hospital. When I try to browse to a website, I get some kind of warning message and I click "proceed anyway"; up pops the hospital web page and I agree to their terms for internet access through their hotspot. Then I'm able to browse, use IM, etc.

A couple of days ago, however, I am no longer presented with the "proceed anyway?" warning and I never get to the hospital web page to agree to their terms.

Instead when I type in a URL, it immediately gets redirected to:

http://stop/

and I get a "not found" message in the browser.

Windows tells me that I'm connected to the hospital wireless network and I'm getting a very good or excellent signal - so that's not the problem.

I've just loaded up Proxomitron on my laptop so that when I go back to the hospital I can see the HTTP headers.

I've tried a couple of system restores to go back to a time when I was able to access the web through the hospital - no help.

My brother does not have this problem when he goes to the hospital. He gets the warning screen, clicks "proceed anyway" and then the hospital webpage where he accepts the terms of public access.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

jim

Reply to
jim.s.witherspoon
Loading thread data ...

Your mother always did like your brother better, didn't she?

Reply to
Ari®

Ari® wrote in news:gqoblh$hd4$ snipped-for-privacy@news.motzarella.org:

Ari, quit trying to blacklist this guy ;-)!

Reply to
hubba

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.