Cisco SB 107 - I get public IP, no web interface

Hello

I'm trying to gain access to my Cisco SB 107 router, which is connected after my ISP's router running in bridge mode. Problem is that when I connect my IP to the Cisco router, I get a public IP and not an internal IP - so I'm unable to access the web interface.

I tried connecting the Cisco router directly to my PC without having it connected to the other router, which resulted in dhcp timing out and giving me a 169.? IP - again, no internal IP. I then tried setting my IP statically in the rage 10.10.10.1/30 - but no result, unable to telnet/ssh or use the web interface.

It's never been used before, so I assume that the settings are as they were from factory.

Any ideas on how I access it without having to the use the console? (I don't have cable yet!)

Best regards, Michael

Reply to
Michael Kjeldsen
Loading thread data ...

I tried connecting the router behind a Linksys router, so it looks like this:

ISP router -> Linksys router (controls NAT) -> Cisco SB 107

It gets on the network fine, and responds to pings etc., but all ports are closed. This is probably because it likes to run on the 10.10.10.* network?

michael@archie:~$ nmap 192.168.1.47

Starting Nmap 4.22SOC8 (

formatting link
) at 2007-12-28 00:40 CET Note: Host seems down. If it is really up, but blocking our ping probes, try -PN Nmap done: 1 IP address (0 hosts up) scanned in 2.023 seconds

====

michael@archie:~$ ping 192.168.1.47 PING 192.168.1.47 (192.168.1.47) 56(84) bytes of data.

64 bytes from 192.168.1.47: icmp_seq=1 ttl=255 time=1.35 ms 64 bytes from 192.168.1.47: icmp_seq=2 ttl=255 time=1.19 ms 64 bytes from 192.168.1.47: icmp_seq=3 ttl=255 time=1.34 ms
Reply to
Michael Kjeldsen

According to Cisco's website, this device looks likes it would act just like your average Cisco router. That being said it should have a console port where you would start the initial or recovery configuration. It would either be a Rs232 or Rj-45 port, but it would be labeled console.

Regards,

Reply to
sCissOrsRsharP

Sorry. Just read that last line from your first post. From the way it looks, I would wait for that console cable.

Reply to
sCissOrsRsharP

I will try this Mondag - no shops open here Sunday, what's up with that :-).

Thanks for your reply.

Reply to
Michael Kjeldsen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.