Not woringk after put on standby

Hi all,

I use a Belkin wireless router and card in my laptop all works fine but when I put the laptop on standby and then when I put to laptop out of standby mode I have lost the ability to go online I need to reboot to get a connection. Anybody else had probs like this?

Nigel

Reply to
hawklord
Loading thread data ...

Most likely if the machine has a personal FW active, then it has locked out the TCP/IP connection. If that is the case, then you can check it by disabling the PFW solution and let it go into stand by mode and see what happens when the machine comes out of it, since the machine is protected by the router.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

I don't know about you, but I have never had the problem when my wireless laptop went into stand by mode on Win 2k or XP pro.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

WHat sort of lappy ? the o/s would be useful and the wireless nic ,

Reply to
atec

A reasonable assumption if the machine is actually running winblows , by default winblows shuts down the nic to save power and often will not revive it , the easiest solution is to keep the nic alive in power saving .

Reply to
atec

Nigel, if you're not using the WZC to manage your wireless network, use your card's wireless menu to disable the power saving mode of your wireless card. Alternatively, you can go the Control Panel and then to Network Connections. Right click the wireless network connection and click the properties tab. If you have administrative rights, then you may proceed. You should see the name of your wireless card in the box labeled CONNECT USING: Next to that box, you should see CONFIGURE. Click on CONFIGURE then click on the ADVANCED tab. In the PROPERTY box you should see POWER SAVE MODE. Change the value to OFF. That *should* solve your problem. If not, we'll go from there. Take care.

Reply to
Doug Jamal

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.