No internet with wireless

Using a Netgear WGT624 router .Other PC has a Netgear WG111T Adaptor . On the PC with the adaptor, in the system tray it tells me I have limited or no connection.Signal strength is excellent.Occasionally, unplugging the adaptor and reinserting ,fixes the problem.Sometimes, switiching users fixes the problem, but now it refuses to work at all.

Reply to
LionOfTheSouth
Loading thread data ...

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 11:06:26 GMT, "LionOfTheSouth" wrote in :

That means DHCP has failed.

Not necessarily -- that's not a reliable guide -- and radio frequency interference could still be a problem.

Does it work better when the PC is 3-6 feet from the wireless router? If so, then you probably have a signal problem.

Reply to
John Navas

Well I have never tried moving the PC...or the the router..switiching users on the PC sometimes does the trick.Signal strength is currently at 92% and

2nd PC is roughly 8ft away, albeit on the other side of a partition wall.I also have a Nintendo Wii about 4 times the distance from the router and on a different floor, and that connects fine , as did my PS3 (in the same room as the router)
Reply to
LionOfTheSouth

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.