added a wireless router and sending email fails????

Welcome to Outlook Express and it's incomprehensible error messages.

Are you sure you copied the message exactly? SMTP 550 is a "relaying not allow" error as is OE error 0x800CCC79. Yet, the text of the error message "550 you are not allowed to send mail to..." does not match the error numbers. Usually, these error mean that SMTP authentication has failed. See: Tools -> Accounts -> Mail -> NTL Mail -> Properties -> Servers that says: [x] My server requires authentication Check the box and give it the correct user login and password.

I'm assuming that your DSL connection is thru NTL World and not through some other ISP. If the DSL is through some other ISP, please change your OE outgoing mail server from smtp.ntlworld.com to whatever that ISP uses.

formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

please help, ive added a wireless router to my network ive managed to set it up and get everything working except now i cant send email all i get from every address i try and send to is

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was ' snipped-for-privacy@vinylunited.com'. Subject 'Re: Free vinyl from Vinyl United.', Account: 'Ntl Mail', Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 you are not allowed to send mail to ', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

im stuck now??

Reply to
Anthony Gillett

"Anthony Gillett" wrote in news:x8Kme.3337$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-win.ntli.net:

What wireless router are you talking about?

What email client are you talking about? And can the email be sent from another machine that is not wireless? What O/S are you talking about?

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

are you sure you are connected to your own router and not your neighbours? I had a friend with this problem recently...he hadnt bothered to change any of the default settings (SSID or enable encryption) and he was actually on his neighbours router with a different ISP ! ...strangely enough, he was an NTL customer too..........

Reply to
MM

Good point. I stand corrected.

550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (e.g., mailbox not found, no access, or command rejected for policy reasons)

That includes security related rejections such as "relaying not allowed". Usually, the SMTP server supplies a bit if detail, which MS Outlook Express reformats, resulting in something like the original: Server Response: '550 you are not allowed to send mail to '

In this case, the rejection means that the recipient or the originator is listed in a blacklist that the ISP uses for spam reduction. The message probably originally looked something like: 550 You are not allowed to send mail to snipped-for-privacy@example.com 550 Please refer to

formatting link
dsbl.org and njabl... However, Outlook Express reformats this and usually drops the 2nd line.

Hard to tell what was wrong from here with what I suspect was only part of the error message.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

550 simply means "Requested action not taken".

formatting link
Tony

Reply to
Anthony R. Gold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.