newbie question for wireless

I have a Dell pc at home. I travel about 600 miles from home on my job, and I have comcast high speed cable internet service. If I get whatever I need for my Dell laptop can I access the internet with my laptop when I am away from home? Does this service cost a lot or is it something that I have now with my comcast service? If I can do this what should I purchase that has a good reputation and actually works. Right now I get a dialup service for wherever I happen to be. That is a pain in the butt, as I am only in a area for about 4 weeks or so then I have to move to another location. Thank you for any help. Bob

Reply to
Bob
Loading thread data ...

Some possible solutions:

1. Get a dialin ISP with national coverage. The below no frills allvantage .95/mo. setup has a very large number of access numbers across the country.
    formatting link
  2. If you stay in a hotel/motel, get one that has free high speed wifi net access.

1. Starbucks and other places have a national net wifi setup that you pay to use..

2. Search around for coffie shops, truck stops, and such that have free wifi access.

1. Make yourself a war driving setup and borrow wifi access where you can.

Reply to
Si Ballenger

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.