Vadem Clio C-1050 wireless connectivity problem

I'm running an old Vadem Clio C-1050 with Windows CE, Handheld PC Professional Edition, Version 3.0. I've been trying to run a wireless network with a Linksys wireless B router and a Linksys Instant Wireless PC card. I've found ne drivers that old for the linksys and everything I've tried have been ineffective. Anyone have any suggestions.

This old tablet PC is great as a news and e-book reader ... would like some wireless function.

thanks

Reply to
<cbtee
Loading thread data ...

Hey, another Clio user! I love my Clio and was told that the Orinoco Gold pc card is the only one that will work with a wireless network and Clio. Haven't tried it yet but it was one of the things I was going to work on 'in my spare time.'

Nadyne Nelson snipped-for-privacy@prospectiveplanning.com

Reply to
Nadyne Nelson

I've also been trying to get my Clio C-1050 on my WiFi net. Using Vadem's 3rd-party peripherals page

formatting link
I got two of the WiFi cards that they mention: the BreezeNET 802.11 card, and the Orinoco Gold 802.11b card. I haven't been able to get either to work with my Linksys WRT54G (802.11b/g) router. The Clio recognizes the card (I think), and about a minute after inserting either card, I get a message that it could't obtain an IP address thru DHCP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also love my Clio, and getting it working with WiFi would really be a fantastic bonus.

-Terrance Cohen

Nadyne Nels> Hey, another Clio user! I love my Clio and was told that the Orinoco Gold

everything

Reply to
tektor

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.